Chapter 33 - Birthday Boy

It was a Sunday morning when I woke up, Dylan's hands holding my waist as he slept. I yawned and turned to face him, putting one hand on his chest and my other arm around his neck.

"Good morning, birthday boy," I smirked and gave him a gentle kiss while he instinctively pulled me closer against him.

"Mmm, good morning," he grumbled, his hands reaching down to give my ass a tight squeeze.

"What do you want to do for your birthday?" I purred, spreading my leg over to rest on his body. He rested his hand on my thigh and even the slightest touch from him could do crazy things to me.

"Well, I want to do you, little mate." he purred, moving his hand farther up to my hip, pulling me closer to him to whisper in my ear.

"One time for every year I've been alive," his breath was hot against my ear. But then I thought about it.

"Dylan, as of today you've been alive for 321 years, we can't do it that many times in a day." I pushed him playfully and he chuckled.

"Sure we could. What time is it?" he asked. I glanced over to the alarm clock.

"9:02," I said hesitantly.

"321 divided by the 15 hours that we have left in the day is about 21. I bet you could do 21 times an hour if you really tried, Quincy." he joked. I kind of liked it when he showed off how smart he was.

"No, but I'm actually going to wait until tonight after I've had a big birthday dinner and a couple of drinks to get my... birthday present from you." he smirked. I raised an eyebrow.

"You don't want to mess around right now?" I asked softly, my eyes looking up at his.

"If I wait until tonight we'll both have been deprived of each other all day, and it will make it one hundred times better if you're thinking about me all day but unable to do anything about it." he said.

"Fine, but I know you're just doing this so I'll be extra horny tonight." I rolled my eyes.

I hopped out of bed, wearing just a pair of panties and a sports bra. Dylan tried not to look at me but I knew what he was focused on.

"We'll have breakfast with Patty in an hour, so start getting ready my love." he said calmly.

I swayed my hips walking to the closet, I couldn't even help doing it around Dylan when he wasn't paying enough attention to me. It always seemed to catch his eye though.

I let down my blonde hair in its natural waves so I could spend a little bit of extra time on my makeup. I made my eyelashes look bomb and even did some eyeshadow for once.

I topped it off with a shimmery lip gloss and hoped my lips would draw Dylan in at least so much as to kiss me.

Finally I put on a floor-length flowy dress.

By the time I was done I actually had ten minutes to spare

By the time I was done I actually had ten minutes to spare. Dylan came out of the bathroom in a sweatshirt and black joggers.

"Are you serious? Why didn't you tell me you were going like that?!" I asked, gesturing to his laid back outfit.

"I thought you would already know. I mean it's just my Grandma, Quincy." he shrugged and gave a clueless smile. It was as if the sweatshirt had turned him into an idiot high school jock.

But I had to admit, he looked hot. I wanted to steal the sweatshirt for myself and cuddle with shirtless him. I bet it was soft and warm and smelled like him.

"Don't feel the need to change though, you look gorgeous." he said, eyeing me from head to toe with a smirk on his face.

"Just eleven more hours.." he muttered under his breath, and I felt myself get nervous and giddy inside.

We met Patty downstairs at the café on the third floor, and even she told Dylan the sweatshirt wasn't appropriate "public attire". Patty had a special room on the third floor with nurses who could help her out with anything she needed. It was right next to the college café.

I loved that he cared about his grandmother that much. She was the only thing he had when his parents died and I knew he loved her to pieces.

Dylan and I sat on one end of the booth, and Patty sat across from us, smiling while looking at Dylan, who was smiling looking at me.

But I was smiling looking at the menu.

"So, your mark is healing nicely, Quincy! It's only a bit bruised and scarred now," Patty said gleefully.

"Oh, yeah! It's definitely gonna be there forever." I chuckled, and Dylan turned my chin so I was facing him, and he ran his thumb over it. It sent shivers throughout my body, it was just a giant scar that would be there forever.

But it didn't hurt all that bad anymore, which was something.

Dylan moved his hand down from my neck and set it on my thigh, rubbing lightly on my dress.

He was such a jerk, making me want him and then making me wait?

"Well I got you a little something for your birthday, sweetie." Patty said, pulling out a small, nicely-wrapped box.

Dylan smiled and gently opened the wrapping paper, hardly tearing any. It was weird to see him opening a gift like that after all of the times he had so roughly handled me.

Inside of the box was a rusty compass. Dylan took it out and examined it, and Patty watched hopefully.

"It was your father's. And your grandfather's before that, and so on. Our ancestors used it to find territory for the pack. I've been waiting to give it to you, I want you to give it to your son one day." she said, a tear forming in her eye.

"Wow, thank you so much, Grandma. I love it." he said, standing up to give her a warm hug before slipping it in the pocket of his joggers.

"Speaking of which... when are you gonna have those little pups? I'm not getting any younger, and neither are you two." she smiled.

My heart kind of dropped. I still wasn't pregnant. And I really didn't want to have this conversation with someone who was pushing so hard for us to have kids immediately.

I looked to Dylan and let him know he could answer.

Then I waited.