Chapter 22 - Happy Anniversary

When I woke up Dylan had already gone to his meetings for the day. My head was pounding, but it wasn't anything unbearable. I grabbed my phone and checked the time, 10:24.

There was also a text from Dylan:

Sorry I didn't say goodbye, little one. You looked so cute sleeping and I didn't want to wake you. See you later this afternoon.

The more I got to know him, the more I realized that even though he was possessive and protective, he was kind-hearted and he really did care about me.

We'd only been together a month and I felt like I was married to him, even though there was still lots I didn't know about him.

In fact, we had been together exactly a month. I checked the date, and it was the 16th. It was our one month anniversary!

I doubt he remembered, he had more important things do deal with. But I'd made him put up with a lot of shit the past month, so I felt like doing something special for him.

I'd need a little help, though.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

"I don't know what color he'd like." I said, roaming and pushing through all of the underwear on the hangers.

"Red is sexy, trust me on that." Crystal said, handing me a couple of sets to try on.

Macy and Crystal took me to a lingerie store so I could get something a little extra sexy for tonight.

I tried on dozens of the skimpiest, most revealing night dresses. And eventually, I knew I found the one.

I looked at myself in the dressing room mirror and admired the red one-piece.

It pushed my breasts up and showed off my slim waist, and my ass was only covered by the tiniest amount of fabric. I walked out and showed Macy and Crystal.

"Oh my god," Crystal sat jaw-dropped.

"You look like a sex goddess!" Macy applauded.

I chuckled and gave them a little eyebrow raise.

"So probably not this one right?" I teased.

"Lord, if you don't get it I will." Crystal laughed and waved me off to go buy it.

I changed out of it and brought it to the cash register. After I payed, Crystal drove us to get some lunch, and I got to sit in the passenger seat.

Her car was really nice, it was a white Range Rover and it still smelled like new leather. It was high-tech and super clean.

"I love this car, Crystal! When did you get it?" I asked.

"Crystal's mom is loaded." Macy chuckled from the back seat. Crystal rolled her eyes.

"I really wanted it as an early graduation gift, so my mom payed half earlier this year. Totally worth it, this car is my baby." she patted the dash lovingly.

"I'd kill for a car like this. My family had money growing up, but my dad developed a gambling addiction and lost most of it, and we ended up having to trade our Mercedes in for a Nissan." I explained.

"But I've always loved fast luxury cars. I really want to get a Tesla some day." I smiled.

"Why don't you ask the Alpha?" Macy questioned.

"Hell, no. He already spends so much money on things I don't ask for. Besides, I'd feel so guilty and selfish having a car like that without working for it." I shrugged.