Chapter 13 - First Shift

I woke up with Dylan's arms wrapped around me. He was so perfect.

I was incredibly sore from last night, we must have done it at least 6 times. And now that it was done, I felt... happy.

I was done being nervous and having doubts, I had given myself to Dylan and now I was the official Luna.

I was going to shift soon.

Like, very soon.

Like, right now.

Oh Goddess, I felt a wave of anxiety hit me like a brick to the skull. I was not excited to experience the immense pain of my first shift. But I felt it coming.

I needed to get outside.

I slowly moved Dylan's arms from myself and got out of the bed, grabbing a t-shirt and pair of shorts to change into as I ran out the bedroom door. No one else was up yet, and I was thankful I'd have privacy. When I reached the main floor I sprinted out the door and layed on my back in the garden.

I tried my best to hold in screams as dark claws ripped from my fingernails, and clean white fur began growing all over my body.

I cursed under my breath as I heard my bones shattering and rearranging to form my wolf. My spine elongated and I shouted out in pain.

Finally my feet grew into paws and after a few more minutes of pain, I was done.

I rolled over to get up and nothing hurt anymore, despite the pain I had just gone through.

I felt amazing.

I began to run, and I was amazed by how natural it felt. I was incredibly faster than my human form, and I ran for what seemed like two minutes when I realized I was far into the forest behind the house. I stopped and sniffed around, admiring how good my sense of smell now was.

I didn't feel like a different person, I just felt like a different breed. Not all wolves were bad.

There are good people and bad people, and it doesn't have to do with whether you're part beast or not, it's just who you are. And the ones that killed my mom were bad, but I didn't have to be. Dylan didn't have to be.

Speak of the devil, just as he crossed my mind a larger black wolf came to a screeching halt from his sprint when he saw me.

He shifted back into my Dylan, and to my surprise he was naked. I guess I didn't think about wolves wearing clothes.

"Quincy?" he stared deeper at me in my wolf form. I had white fur and he had dark, shiny black. They contrasted well.

I shifted back into my human form and it came as a surprise to me how easy it was to control.

"You fucking scared me, Quincy!" Dylan barked, and suddenly I felt very guilty.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't know what to do..." I said softly. I hoped he wasn't too mad. Now that we had mated I was very attached and wanted to please him.

"I woke up and you were gone." he sighed, seeming relieved that he found me.

I walked towards him and wrapped my arms around him, my naked body pressing into his chest as I hugged him.

"I'm sorry, baby. I just wanted to shift outside so I could run. Are you mad?" I purred.

He soon returned my embrace and lifted me off the ground to hold me against him. I took that as a no.

"I'm just glad you're okay. Your wolf is beautiful." he kissed the top of my head and I was glad that he thought so.

"How are you doing?" he asked.