Epilogue: Delivered

Like all relationships, ours wasn't perfect. And for two years, we had our fair share of heated arguments, petty quarrels, and one huge fight. We both discovered that we're jealous and insecure individuals. But our love and trust with each other had always led us back to reconciliation. We promised to communicate openly, share our doubts and thoughts, and never let any misunderstanding linger for more than 48 hours.

On our second anniversary, Mike popped the question. It was a no-brainer "yes" for me.

Yesterday, as I was going through a trip down memory lane when I found the very first love letter I wrote for Mike.

Mike found me in my room, with my old stuff scattered on the floor. "Love, I thought you said you're getting ready."

"Come here, Love," I tapped the space beside me, urging him to sit.

"What are these?" He examined my clutter.

I handed him a sky blue letter envelope. "Here, I want you to read this."

He took it, opened it and started reading. His lips curved to a smile, next a grin, and then chuckled. "I knew it! You were in love with me even back then. This is solid proof!"

"Hahaha! I'm not denying it, okay? So there's no need to brag." I smacked his arm and tried to seize the paper.

"I'm going to frame this and your other letter. Then hang it on our love corner." He said proudly.

When we decided to purchase the lot where we'd build our house, I proposed a "Love Corner". It'll be a section near the rooms, a wall where we can post our favorite photos and any memento commemorating our love for each other and our future kids.

Today, I'm writing a new love letter...my wedding vow.

Dear Love,

Today we set out to a new adventure. And I am excited!

When we went our separate ways years ago, I gave up on the chance to tell you how much I feel for you. But you found me, amidst my misery. It wasn't my ideal reunion but ironically, it was the perfect timing.

We rekindled our friendship like we never parted. We missed some milestones while we were apart but we created new and better ones when we got back as friends.

I thought I won't get affected by you the way you did before but I felt more strongly for you the second time you're in my life. I never thought I had the same effect on you. And I'm glad we braved to cross the friendship zone.

I'm always grateful for your care, understanding, patience, and love.

I vow to take care of you, not because it's my duty as your wife. But because I have gotten to know you better and had learned of your needs.

I vow to continue to trust you. It had worked for us and our relationship had strengthened because we do not doubt our feelings for each other.

I vow to be more patient and understanding. This life road that we'd traverse will not be a smooth pavement. There will be bumps along the way. And I will endure with you. Soon, our decisions wouldn't be about us but for the sake of our future family.

And lastly, I vow...to be a better cook. :)

I love you!

Love,

Lytes

Tomorrow, our forever starts.

***END***

***************

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.