Chapter 17: Life's Surprises

Saturdays are meant to be the most laid back day of the week. You are allowed to wake up late, be lazy, or sleep all day. But today the bed could no longer tempt me to go back to sleep when I woke up at around 6am. So I joined Papa and Mama when they did their morning jog...walk actually. My parents make it a point that they get to exercise at least once a week, even if it's just walking.

When we got home, I feel hyped up and energized from the run. I decided to clean my room, dust off the shoes I used this week, and tuck away my laundered clothes.

I was in the middle of watering our plants when Ska called. She reminded me about our overnight hotel reservation at The Shang. This reservation was initially intended for Ska and her ex-boyfriend. But since it has been booked and paid for already, she opted not to cancel after their break-up and use it for a different purpose. We're going to do our Gossip Girl series marathon.

I know I should check-in at 2pm but apparently, I can do it anytime today. The owner of the hotel happens to be a friend of Ska's mother and learned that she has a reservation this weekend. Because of her mom's business connection, our room has been upgraded to the club member suite. Our check-in and check-out times had been waived as well as long as it's still within the dates reserved.

"If I were you, I'd check-in early so you can avail their breakfast buffet. We love their food selections." Ska suggested.

"Good idea! I'll be feasting on their desserts too! I'm so lucky that you're my best friend!" I hurriedly finished what I was doing and turned off the faucet. I coiled the water hose around the metal bar where I found it. I went in the house.

"I'm so lucky I'm my mother's daughter! Hahaha!" We both laughed at this realization. As I breezed through the living room, I looked at the wall clock and time stamp was 9:10am. I've got enough time and could make it within the buffet hours.

"Okay. I'll go ahead and prep. Let me know your ETA at the airport so I can pick you up," I said. Ska had an out-of-town assignment on Friday and returning Saturday morning.

"I don't know if I'm getting out of here on time. I can see 2 delayed flights from my airline," she informed me.

"Fingers-crossed that yours won't be!" I got to my room and proceeded to my walk-in closet.

"I'll cross all my fingers! Hahaha!"

"Include your arms and legs! Hahaha!"

"Hahaha! By the way, you can invite Driggs and Kat so you have company while waiting for me...just so you don't feel lonely."

"Not sure with those two but I'll text Driggs. Message me when you've boarded and your ETA, okay?"

"Alright. See you later BFF!" She hung-up and I started packing my overnight bag. It's a good thing that I'm such a girl scout; I have clothes ready for this staycation. I sent Driggs the message about our hotel stay and that they can join us if they're both not busy.

This Saturday drive is remarkably a breeze. Plus, I'm truly fortunate for Ska because she had called the hotel that I am arriving thus I didn't wait long to get checked in. Our suite was also all set for occupancy and there was no need for last minute inspections. This gave me 40 minutes of buffet time.

I headed straight to our room. Not wasting any time, I grabbed my phone and its pouch then hurled my overnight bag inside the wooden closet. I took the room keycard and left. I went down to the buffet area. I was all-giddy when I saw the desserts!

Although it's Saturday in London, I opted to keep the same wake-up call time Anthony and I had agreed on. I do know that they checked out the local night life last night being it a Friday. He messaged me about this. I would just try my luck if he's up early.