Chapter 1: The Letter

"Hi Mike,

Let me start by saying that this letter is going to sound selfish...actually, it is selfish. My intention for writing you is for my contentment. So before you read through it, I'm saying "sorry".

I do not want you to act on anything that's written here. Just read it then forget about it. I just really need to do this because I feel burdened. I wanted to let it out for my peace of mind. I know you will be bothered by this, please don't be...and again, I'm sorry.

I "like" you...a lot.

I cannot recall when it started and how, but it doesn't matter now. What's important to me is I have taken the first step to letting go and moving on.

They say you have to let it out to set yourself free. I'm freeing me from my feelings for you. I couldn't control it anymore. But I do not have the courage to say this straight to your face. I just can't...so I'm letting it out in this letter.

None of our common friends knew about this. It was my choice to keep it to myself. I do not like being teased and friends dropping hints. It's uncomfortable.

I feel I'm being unfair to you especially when you do things for me. To you it doesn't mean anything but for me...it does.

I cannot believe that I'm actually writing this and letting you know what my feelings are. I've never thought I'd do this...ever! I just couldn't contain it and it has become painful to bear.

While writing this, I'm feeling a sense of relief. I may not be saying this in person but what's in this letter is all I have to tell you.

I hope nothing changes in our friendship. It may be too much to ask, but again, just read it and forget about it, okay?

Thank you...and sorry again.

Lytes

PS

I highly recommend that you burn this letter after reading...as if you've never gotten this"

***************

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.