The Dreaming Moons of Prospit and Derse: The Dream Selves

(This chapter is split into two parts. This part will primarily focus on an introduction and the concept of the dream self)

   After a while of random shenanigans, you finally manage to enter Sburb. You start to feel a bit sleepy, especially when you've just fought against many imps and ogres, and after getting hit with a boatload of exposition. You decide to find a safe place where no enemies would find you, and close your eyes, even if just for a few minutes. Suddenly, you wake up, but not in your safe space. You wake up in a massive kingdom of gold or lavender, dressed in a soft, silk gown befitting for a royal. You fly around this strange place, with the carapaces looking upward to find that their prince or princess is awake.
   Prospit and Derse are the two kingdoms found in every Sburb session. These kingdoms play an important role in the progression of the game, with their conflict serving as a sort of time limit for the players. These planets also serve as the home of the players' dream selves.
   When the player is awake, their dream self is still sleeping. Even if the player decides to sleep within the game, there's no guarantee that the dream self will wake up immediately. A dream self usually wakes up when the player sleeps after an important discovery, such as Rose remembering Jasper's secret.
   When the dream self finally wakes up, their primary function is to serve as a second life to the player. This dream self usually resides in one of the two kingdoms; however, in extremely rare cases, a player can have two dream selves, usually due to a split personality, the only known example being Sollux and Mituna.
   In the case where the player dies, the dream self wakes up. However, they slowly start to bleed out from the wound of whatever killed them, whether external or internal. The only way to heal the dream selves is for another player, regardless of romantic or platonic feelings, to kiss the corpse of their fallen player. In the case where no one kisses the corpse, the dream self will slowly die with the player, killing the player for good. If the corpse is kissed, however, the dream self will be healed, and will take the player's place as the original, having the memories of both the original and the dreaming self. They will essentially be the exact same as the original, except that they will now have the ability to levitate, and all injuries the original had will not be present, as dream selves do not typically aquire the wounds of the original.
   If the player is to god-tier, a dream self is required to do so. Without one, god-tiering is next to impossible. One method is to find the stone slab in the player's assigned Land, and die in said slab, in which case the dream self will be the one to ascend to god tier, taking the original's place as stated previously. If the dream self is dead, but the original isnt, a possible remedy is to prototype the dream self and revive them as a sprite. As long as your dream self exists in any form, you're good to go. The second method is a sort of failsafe for if the dream self has already taken the original's place. A stone slab with each player's aspect will be located inside the planet they dream on, near its core, where they can also god-tier. Coincidentally enough, every player who's ever ascended in this manner has had their planet blown up.
   If the dream self dies while the original continues to live, the original self will dream within the Furthest Ring, where they will be plagued by constant nightmares, thanks to the Horrorterrors. The only exception to this would be if something akin to the Dream Bubbles exist, in which case the players will dream there instead.

   (It seems I had more to say on the concept of the Dream Self than I had originally thought. Because of this, I decided to split this chapter into two. The next chapter will focus on the kingdoms themselves, being Prospit and Derse)