The Active/Passive Scale

When it comes to the classes available in the god tier system present in Homestuck, these classes usually come in pairs of two. These pairs, while they may share similar verbs to each other, are differentiated by whether the class is Active or Passive.
   The influence behind the Active/Passive scale can be seen with the ancient concept of Yin and Yang, which is the concept of dualism in chinese philosophy. Just like Yin and Yang, Active and Passive pairs can be seen as complimentary rather than being complete opposites. A good example would be Mage/Seer. A Seer of Rage might not be very experienced with Rage, and thus have more personal experiences with Hope, complimenting the Mage of Hope.
   Those who align with the Active alignment are those who are quick to take action and act independantly, regardless of what others may think. They tend to have more direct control over their aspect, but less understanding of it. When in a group, Active players are more likely to take the lead and make more direct actions, though they may leave their group behind in the process. Active players are often described as "one who ___ or ___ through aspect for themselves".
Classes that are associated with the Active alignment are: Witches, Mages, Thieves, Pages*, Princes, Maids, and Lords.
   Those who connect more with the Passive alignment are those who prefer to think before they act, and helping others before going to overcome the obstacle. They tend to have a better understanding of their aspect, even though they may not have as much control over them. In a group, Passive players are more willing to help others within the group, and overall prefer to stay out of the limelight. Passive players are described as "one who invites ___ or invites ___ through aspect for others". Classes that are associated with the Passive alignment are: Heirs, Seers, Rogues, Knights*, Bards, Sylphs and Muses. 
   Of course, these alignments are not exclusive to each other. A Passive player is completely able to take charge and act for themselves, and Active players can step back and help others if they wanted to. The alignment is just there to indicate what the player may be more comfortable towards when it comes to the way they decide upon their actions.

*It is possible that many of you will disagree with the placement of these two classes, and might consider the opposite to be true. The most popular placement of the Classes place Pages as Passive and Knights as Active. These two are probably the hardest to place due to the many grey areas these two have in terms of the Active/Passive scale. I will explain the situation more in-depth when we get to the classes.

(Next Update: The Dreaming Moons)
(Coming Soon: The Classes)