41. Push

I've always had high expectations for myself. Pushing myself to my limit. Trying to exceed the ever-growing limit. Yet, it seems so vast now as I've slowly given up hope. It feels odd, to be looking at that door and wish for death to phase through it and engulf me in his darkness. For death to tell me to forget my hope, to turn to darkness, and enter purgatory.

But this small heartbeat I feel in my stomach is what urges to keep my own heart beating. The occasional kicks I'd get from the purest thing in my world is what wakes me up from death's trance and to keep living.

Hope.

My body and mind may be weak but my heart remained strong. Maybe I could be considered as humanities' strongest. The past I've lived through, the present I endure, and the future that looms over me like an overseer is what shapes me to become who I am today. This thin thread reeling me out of the darkness slowly.

I was waiting. For that moment. The opportunity to murder the b*****d that trapped me in this godforsaken place. To finally bury the last burden of my past and to move forward towards a life where I wouldn't be surrounded by this trauma.

He will feel my wrath. For the pain he had inflicted on me in the past and the present.

I felt rage fill my veins at the thought of the suffering he put me through. Not having a father figure must've hit me more than I thought. Or, this rage was just enhanced by the serums he's giving me.

I heard footsteps approach the door and I prepared to defend myself and my child. I tensed as the door opened and I got ready to fight back with every ounce of determination I had left. But it all faded away as I saw familiar gray eyes stare back at me.

"L-Levi...?" I stuttered, my voice cracking a bit. The door opened wider to reveal Mikasa and Eren. Mikasa had tears in her eyes the moment she saw me and quickly went to my side to take off the chains bounding my torso to the chair. With a swift, powerful chop, the chains fell apart around us as she engulfed me in a hug. I felt blood pour down from the wounds I received from the chains. I felt relieved to be out of the constricting bonds.

"Mikasa...Eren...you came..." I breathed out. Mikasa started to sob into my shoulder as Eren hugged us both. I saw Levi come over and caress my head.

"Do I...look that bad?" I wheezed out a laugh. They stared at me before Mikasa started crying even more as Eren wiped a few tears away.

"I'm so glad you're okay..." Levi mumbled as he pressed his forehead to my temple. His warm breath hitting my cheek along with Eren and Mikasa's warmth from their hugs gave me a sense of peace.

Peace I should've known that wouldn't last.

"Wait! Watch out!" I yell once seeing the glowing blue eyes behind my dear friends. They didn't have time to react until Eren was thrown to the cement wall with such force that it created a dent in the wall. He sputtered out blood and was shortly stunned as Mikasa threw a punch at the intruder. They only caught her fist with a straight face before twisting it. She thankfully got out of their grip before they could really damage her arm. She threw another kick which was dodged and grabbed. Suddenly, Mikasa was pinned in a professional way. I concluded that only one person would be able to do that perfectly.

"Annie..." Levi and I muttered out breathlessly. Her eyes snapped towards Levi as she threw Mikasa's body to the wall. Levi and she got into a fighting stance until she darted towards him. She threw a punch that seemed to cut through the air effortlessly until he dodged and attempted to punch her torso. He was able to throw punches left and right until an uppercut threw her back. She lifted her upper body as her messy hair covered her eyes. She only smirked before her ring swiped open to reveal a small needle.