24. Episode

I usually think about my actions or words before I do or say them. Occasionally, I would doubt it after I've done it but 75% of the time I'm confident in myself.

So when I was handing over the keys to Erwin why did I feel guilty?

I was completing the mission if I handed it over. But I felt regret when Lykan was driven to the laboratory. I gulped and my hands started to fidget around. Erwin nodded to me in thanks and turned around. Before he could go back to his office I suddenly shouted, "W-wait!" Erwin stopped and turned his head.

"Are you really going to destroy that car?" I hesitantly asked. Erwin just stood there before continuing. I was about to go after him when Levi held me back.

"We finished the mission. Let the car go." Levi said. I shook his hand off but reluctantly nodded. We walked through the lobby to see it wrecked and in ashes. The titans disappeared during our time in Brazil and staff were currently cleaning all the bodies and gun shells. I heard the man next to me tsk.

"They're not cleaning enough. I could still see a slight drop of blood on that tile and the wall right there. The supplies they're using is not strong enough either." Levi muttered to himself. I quietly chuckle and grab his hand.

"Here, lets clean it too. We should get some supplies at the supermarket." I suggested. He was in a daze for a minute until he nodded in agreement. I could see him staring at our intertwined hands.

"Rose!" A voice echoed throughout the lobby and I stopped walking. I turned my head to see a sweating Eren who was wearing boxing shorts and a white tank top. Before he could come closer I stopped him a few feet away.

"Nuh uh, you're not coming near me while smelling of blood and sweat. What do you want?"

"Well, I was wondering if you have your answer?" Eren grinned and looked at me with hopeful eyes. I looked back to Levi who had narrowed eyes and I felt him squeeze my hand a little tighter. I glance at Eren and pursed my lips.

"Get the car started and I'll meet you in 3 minutes." I mumble to Levi and let go of his warm, rough hand. I immediately felt cold but I ignored it and walked towards Eren. I pulled him into an empty hallway nearby. I saw Mikasa come out of the training room as well and when she saw us, hurt flashed through her eyes before they became emotionless again. She walked passed the hallway but there was no doubt that she was by the corner to listen to us.

"I'm sorry Eren. I can't return your feelings." I bluntly said and leaned against the wall.

"...is this because I'm young?" His eyes were cast downward and his hair covered his eyes, creating a dark shadow on the top half of his face. His fists were clenched as well and I could tell I hurt him quite a bit. I sigh and leaned my head back against the wall.

"No it's not that...it's just..." I trailed off. I didn't want to admit the things floating in my mind. I've never felt that way before so I wasn't completely sure it was that feeling.

"You love Levi...don't you?" Eren interrupted my thoughts and I froze. I could feel my heartbeat go faster and ring in my ears. Eren saw my sudden silence and that confirmed it.

"Well...I hope it goes well for you then." I look at him in shock.

"You're...not mad?"

"Why should I be? Some people said that if you love a person so much then you have to let them go. Besides, I knew I didn't have a chance." Eren painfully smiled at me. I look to the side in guilt to avoid his stare.

"I...don't think I'll have a chance..." I muttered and I instantly regretted saying it. I hoped he didn't hear it but he did.

"Why's that?"