18. Love

I felt...warmth.

Firm arms wrapped around my waist and I could feel myself being hoisted up and moved.

Someone was holding me bridal style.

But I didn't care.

That warmth...felt nice.

Something that wasn't the metal of a knife or the iron of the gun. It was a change for once.

I've never felt this way.

I've never felt warmth.

I've never felt the butterflies in my stomach.

I've never felt my heart beat so fast.

I've never felt so serene. So calm. So safe in someone's arms.

But it left me like everyone else.

The warmth left me once I was set onto a cushion. I felt cold again.

I wanted that warmth back. I wanted it to hold me again. I wanted to feel it around my waist. I wanted that warmth.

I forced my eyes open and although everything was blurry I could see a short figure walk out of my room and close the door silently.

I wanted that warmth back but I was tired. I wanted to sleep.

I could feel my dry eyes close once again as I got comfortable in my bed. I clutched onto the pillow and grimaced at the thought of the note. But I fell asleep for once. My thoughts floated around.

I broke down. In front of my partner. But I felt my heart flutter at the kind words he whispered to me to soothe me.

I...loved it.

I gasp and my eyes shot open.

4 am in the morning.

My eyes widen as I realized.

'It can't be. No, it can't. I have never felt this way before.'

'Its foreign to me. I should be scared of it but I'm (y/n) fu(r ball) (l/n). I'm never scared. I never cower.'

'Is it what I think it is...?'

'...Nah...' I brushed it off. I laid back down and got myself comfortable again. But I couldn't sleep so easily this time. Levi stayed in my mind like the plague.

His stormy gray eyes.

His perfect, light skin.

His soft-looking, clean black hair.

His lemon tea scent.

His strong arms.

Just him in general. How handsome he is.

I smack myself once the thought hit me. I sighed and just closed my eyes.

'Do I love Levi?'

----

I was sitting on the couch, a cup of (favorite tea/coffee) in hand and the remote in the other. I browsed through the channels till Levi sat next to me with a cup of earl gray tea and a plate of croissants in the other. He set it down and I settled for the news channel.

It was talking about our president and other countries with terrorists everywhere. I rolled my eyes and turned it off once I heard the bulls(eye) they spewed. Levi then speaks to me.

"Your mother huh?" He sips his tea. He must've seen the note. I just nod and stared at my feet.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened?"