4. Cooperation

Team.

Partner.

Group.

Friends.

I dislike those words.

Because they always seem to leave me. It frustrates me that the minute they see who I really am, they run away like cowards. They see me as a ruthless, cold-hearted killer on the brink of insanity. It annoys me and I'd rather work alone.

Because friendships, relationships, and teamwork has betrayal scribbled all over it.

In my eyes, they're useless. They don't know what would happen once someone turns on them. Because there's always a person who will betray you.

Your comrade.

Your friend.

Your best friend.

Your sibling.

Your mother.

I'm independent. I work alone. Having this stranger by my side will ruin my perspective and work. That...that midget will only get in the way.

"This can't be happening..." I mumbled, gripping my hair. Erwin sighed. "It is, sorry (y/n)..."

"Don't say sorry, I knew it. You can't just let me work alone for once! I'm always stuck doing the same shit again and again. Going on a mission with a cowardly comrade and then I never see them again." I rant out. I breathed in frustration.

"(y/n)-" Erwin started to speak.

"I'm NOT training that midget!" I said pointing at Levi and standing, although I was only taller than him by a few centimeters.

"(Y/N)! You will NOT speak to me or him like that!" Erwin almost yelled. He tried to keep his calm but I wasn't going down without a fight.

"You're not my dad! Stop treating me as a daughter! I've never had a father and I don't consider you one." I yelled. I almost regretted my words. He was more than a father to me. Erwin was a savior to me. Saving me from darkness by giving me an opportunity. Through my 14 years of being here, he treated me as a daughter. He watched me grow up into what I am now. He was the closest thing I've had to a father.

With wide eyes, I stood in shock and set my arm down. He looked down and nodded. "I see..." He said quietly. Then, it was like he changed instantly. From broken to stone hearted.

"But you WILL train Levi and WILL be going on missions together from now on. Do not argue with me. Our training sessions together are now overseeing as you don't need ME anymore. Your dismissed. My secretary will escort you out." Erwin finalized. I didn't argue and turned on my heel and walked out the door. Isabel and Farlan followed a little behind me.

"I don't think we were suppose to see that..." Isabel whispered to Farlan. He shrugged and sighed. Levi stayed quiet and walked a little in front of us. I felt a piece of my heart shatter and fall to the ground as I lost another.

"It's always me that tears everything to shreds," I whispered. Levi heard me and glanced at me. I closed my eyes to blink the tears away. I speed walk down the hall into the elevator. Once it opened I passed by Faith who tried to reach out to me. But I left before she could catch up. I ran to my car and yank open the door but before I could start the ignition...Levi opened the passenger side. He sat down and set my forgotten bag in the back.