28. Annie

"Someone saw him transform."

"You mean that someone in this very building, is a potential titan member?" Erwin raised his brow at the statement.

"Yes, sir."

"What makes you so sure."

"The Titans didn't come in all at once. Only one. And she was there for Eren. She tried to take him away in her mouth instead of eating him." Armin explained. It was like his scared, quiet personality disappeared.

"Is this true Agent?"

"Yes sir, there was no indication that he was swallowed so Cadet Mikasa and I went in pursuit of her," Levi confirmed.

"Where is Yeager now?"

"He's currently resting in the medical office. He overused his titan power, lowering his energy drastically." I answered.

Erwin nodded and massaged his temples and closed his eyes in thought. We were currently in his office discussing the female titan situation. Armin discovered something while we were in the underground forest. They were making a plan to capture Annie.

"We just need to put her into a small, enclosed space so she wouldn't transform easily." Armin rubbed his chin in thought.

"Try the subway down the street. Smallest space there and it's being rebuilt so it's not in use." I suggested. Everyone considered my idea. We decided to leave it off at that for now and meet up again to finalize our plans. We all walked out of Erwin's office and were planning to go to the cafeteria for lunch. Armin and Mikasa started to walk ahead and I was ready to join them when I was pulled back by Levi. He waited until they turned the corner and looked back at me. Though my face was as neutral as it can be, my heart was beating quickly. It's been about a week since that stunt I pulled in the nurse's office. Levi and I have never spoken to each other or about it and when we did, there were other people in the room with us.

This was the first time in a while that I was alone with Levi. No one was in the clean hallway with us and Erwin's door was very thick so he wouldn't be able to hear us. I sucked in a breath when he stared at me intently.

"Levi, we got to go-"

"Be careful." He cut me off. I was taken aback and looked at him in confusion.

"I'm injured. I won't be able to go with you to capture her. So you better be careful and not be reckless like those other brats. Got that?" He blatantly explained. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"Sir yes, sir." I sarcastically said. He ruffled my hair and walked away to the cafeteria. I was so shocked by the action that I stood there for a minute. My eyes were wide and my hand went up to my hair to touch it softly. A small smile appeared on my lips.

"He cares."

----

Eren, Mikasa, and I waited at the entrance of the subway for Annie and Armin. The civilians were already cleared of the area and others were hiding in crooks and corners of the area. My fist clenched at the sight of Annie.

'Keep your composure, she will pay soon.' I thought.

We started to walk down the stairs when I saw her shadow stop at the top.

"Annie?" Armin turned around with confusion on his face. "What are you doing?"

"I'm not going down there. If we're not traveling above ground, you're on your own." She stated.

"What the hell! Just hurry up and let's go!" Eren almost yelled, he was getting impatient.

"It's fine. There hasn't been anyone around for some reason." Annie's eyes darkened. I slowly inched towards my gun on the small of my back.