37. Sorry

Breathing. Heavy breathing. 

It's suddenly cut off as a pressure wraps around my throat like a snake killing its prey. Black dots appear in my vision as I cling onto my last breath. A sad smile appears in my peripheral and the grip becomes tighter.

"I'm sorry."

8 hours ago...

My body shook with the vibrations and recoil of the gun as I aimed perfectly at the targets. I pressed into my earpiece with a smirk.

"Targets down. Proceed with infiltration." I said before looking into the scope of my sniper. I heard confirmations of the groups in my ear as I watched them surround the building. My silent sniper helped a little to make their infiltration quiet. I made sure my eyes were on all groups, watching as they took the targets' uniforms and went under disguise.

"Building infiltrated, Rose." I heard Levi's voice ring in my ears. I shivered a little and smiled at his voice.

"Perfect. Now we wait for the main target."

Hours passed. We waited patiently. Feigning to be guards of the building, dutifully learning the insides and out of the place. Finding bodies rotting and tortured animals.

We were currently taking down a dog fight arena. The underground held many things, but this was one that struck me the most. Dogs have been trained to bare their teeth at anything that moves and eating each other to live. I somehow connected it to the society today above ground. How the underground and the streets were not as different as I thought.

Eat or be eaten. Fight or defeat. Life or death. Above or below. Such similar themes in different lights showcased how cruel above ground is just as much as the underground. No matter where they're placed.

I pitied the animals and people who were suffering from starvation and poverty. Not having anyone to have your back or a cushion in the dark pit you're falling in. My life on the streets was nothing compared to the horrors I discovered from the underground. We searched the whole arena, finding no dogs or supplies to salvage. Just tons of money laying in piles in what I assume was the boss' office.

"What do we do with the money?" Eren asked. I bit my lip and stretched my back. Being in a crouched position above the building across the arena was starting to take a toll on me.

"Erwin said we could do whatever with the money," Armin informed. I listened in quietly, thinking of an idea but not knowing how the groups may react to it.

"Rose is awfully quiet. She must have something on her mind." Levi piped up.

"What do you say, Rose?" Mikasa quietly said.

"I don't know Red. I was thinking about...giving the money to the underground. To the children stuck here. The people suffering from starvation." I quietly suggested. Silence could be heard on the earpiece until Eren almost blasted my eardrums.

"THAT'S A GOOD IDEA-OW!" He exclaimed before being hit.

"Gray!"

"You're being too loud. Shut the hell up." I heard on the earpiece. I chuckled and leaned my head against my palm over the ledge. Chuckles could be heard over the earpiece from all groups.

Suddenly, pitch black cars rolled up towards the building putting me in high alert. I pressed the earpiece once again.

"Targets are here. Positions now!" I commanded and reloaded my sniper. I looked into the scope with narrowed eyes and watched as built, large men poured out of the cars. There were four in total, the boss was most likely in one of the middle two. I watched carefully and quietly as more men stumbled out of the second car. The boss must be in the third one then.

Futuristic Reality | Rookie!Levi x Reader ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें