34. Inquiries

"This is the most idiotic mission I've ever been sent on."

"Levi, this is the only mission to seduce our target that you've been sent on."

"Why the f(ricken frick) do I have to wear this?"

"Because you're going undercover as a stripper. So you have to look like a stripper." I retorted while rolling my eyes. I slipped a large overcoat on him so he could go to the strip club without weird looks.

 I slipped a large overcoat on him so he could go to the strip club without weird looks

"This is atrocious. How do men have the audacity to wear such embarrassing attire." He clicked his tongue and lifted up the strap wrapped around his hand. He glared at it with such distaste I thought it would incinerate beneath his stare. I chuckled softly and rubbed his shoulder.

"It's only for a night so endure it for a few hours. I promise we won't accept these kinds of missions ever again." I said.

"...dam(b) right we won't..." He grumbled. He grabbed my hand and we started on our way to the club. It was about 7 o' clock and Levi's 'shift' started at 8 so we headed to Lykan in the underground garage.

"Wait, so what are you doing?" Levi asked, starting a conversation while we waiting for the elevator.

"Ah, I'm going as the supposed customer for the transaction. So I will be there for everything and I'll be observing him." I informed him, gesturing to my attire. I wore an (f/c) party dress with 2-inch black ankle boots. It was strapless with a sweetheart neckline and was tight around the waist but loose at the ends. I could easily hide a knife under the dress or in my boots. A plain but striking dress that I scarcely used. 

"This is unfair. You have the easy part." Levi whined slightly. A small pout appeared on his face and my heart pounded against my chest. Levi became more talkative and we got more close than ever before. A small smile rose on my face as I tried to ignore my pounding heart. 

"You are so childish. Look, the elevator is here. Let's get this mission over with." I retorted. He clicked his tongue and walked into the elevator and pressed the button for the garage. A comfortable silence filled the elevator as I became aware of the warmth in my hand. I glanced down to see his hand intertwined with mine and my eyes widened. Confusion filled my being as I stared down at our hands while he looked so untroubled while we waited for us to arrive at our designated floor. 

The elevator delivered a ding once we reached the garage but the questions wouldn't stop flowing, feeding my thoughts lies.

A couple hours earlier...

I sat down with a sigh in a cafe across from HQ. It was a cute establishment, fairly new and popular with the teenagers. The cafe's atmosphere is what made me really brought me to it though. With its dark wooden floors matching with the equally dark tables and the high ceilings filled with various fairy lights, it gave the cafe a modern look. The aroma of the cafe was a mixture of hot chocolate and coffee with a hint of cinnamon. It was enticing and blended together well. The ceiling-to-floor windows gave it natural sunlight and you had an excellent view of the castle. One of the walls was a huge blackboard and customers were free to put anything onto the board with chalk. I noticed some doodles, amazing art drawings, signatures, graffiti-inspired writing, and many more. I've already made my contribution to the cafe with some simple flowers and a signature.

 I've already made my contribution to the cafe with some simple flowers and a signature

I blink out of my observations when a drink - my drink - appeared in front of me. Mikasa sat across from me in the booth with a similar drink in hand. I nodded in thanks and sniffed the coffee. I sighed with relief at the smell of cinnamon and was about to take a sip until Mikasa spoke.

"Rose, I have a serious matter to discuss with you." She said quietly. I raised my brow at the mention of my alias and looked around for suspicious people. But there were only quirky teenagers and tired workers. 

"What's the matter, Red?" I asked, looking nonchalant. Her alias was easy to pick, simply because of the red scarf she wore all the time. Since she used my alias, I should do the same just in case we do speak about important or personal matters.

"As your friend, I've been informed of the...growing intimate matter. But my curiosity has struck me with an inquiry that I deem everyone is wondering about." Mikasa spoke. I was always mesmerized with the way she spoke. Her language was far beyond anyone's way of speaking. She always spoke formally with a certain matureness in her voice and - despite her young-looking appearance - people thought she was a lot older. I looked at her in confusion once I processed what she said.

"What is this inquiry that you have?" I asked and lifted the mug to my lips, ready to savor the taste of coffee on my taste buds.

"Not to be intrusive...but what is your true relationship with Grey?" I abruptly stopped tilting the cup, the liquid hadn't reached my lips at all. My pessimistic thoughts suddenly appeared and I froze, hearing what they had to say. I closed my eyes and put the cup down before taking a deep breath. I shoved down the negative thoughts and opened my eyes to focus on Mikasa who was waiting patiently for my answer.

"T-To be honest...I don't know. I've never experienced true love nor the...intimate relationship between two people. We're definitely not married but we're not just acquaintances anymore." I spoke truthfully. Her question made me question everything we've been through so far. Then it trailed to the child. The child must have two loving, supportive parents, not the kind of parents I had as a child. Mikasa pursed her lips in thought at my answer.

"Well...what do you desire to be?" She questioned. I bit my lips and cupped my mug with both my hands, the warmth radiating off of it was soothing my nerves a bit. I thought about my answer for a bit until I found a good answer. I looked up at her in the eyes with a flash of an obscure emotion.

"Someone who he loves as much as I love him."

-----

A/n: The second update to make up for lost time! It has been a while and even though these are short chapters I hope you can regard the development of my writing. I have a volunteer editor now who looks over the chapters and helps me improve with my story. The next chapter will be the mission and though I do not know when that will be written or published I hope you can look forward to it.

(Y/n) is starting to have inquiries about her relationship with Levi and is wondering what they are. Girlfriend and Boyfriend? Friends with benefits? Married? But her pessimistic thoughts are appearing again and she is starting to question if they really do love each other. And if this relationship that they have will last.

Levi is very unhappy with his role in the mission. He also seems a bit more intimate with (y/n) such as holding her hand and talking or teasing her more. Could this be a sign that he likes her and can return her feelings? Or is this just him being close to her in a friendly way?

Hope you enjoyed!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Published: October 6, 2018
Edited ✔️