Silly Putty

Ezra POV

He looked like a mess. His wounds had reopened and caused blood to stain his fur, the floor, and the walls. Drool dripped from his jowls as he snapped his teeth at me. I pressed my lips into a firm line. He was acting over dramatic

"Wood," His tone was gruff and raw. "Fix this."
I rolled my eyes. Was all this really necessary? "Well what did you take and how-"

"No!" He roared closing the space between us. I cringed as some of his saliva landed on me. "Not this. I'll get over what ever this is, but us... Fix us!"

I quirked a brow. "What's wrong with us?"

"Don't play games," he began to pace around the room. "I know what you are to me. The way you smell..." He stopped and turned toward me. "I... Crave..." 

He opened and shut his jaw. I felt his breath against my face and it made me stand taller. After a beat, he turned his head away, as if he was punishing himself.

"I have loved him since the day we met. No matter how broken and ruined I was, he accepted me."

He shifted into his human form and leaned his body against the wall opposite me. His eyes locked with mine. They were glossy and dilated. "Please," He huffed. "Fix us." 

His body slouched and I ran over to catch his head before it hit the floor. His breathing lumbered until it stopped all together and my own heart rate spiked. 

"Shit, shit, shit!" I quickly pressed the emergency call button and started preforming CPR. "What about me, you spoiled brat!" Within half a minute, two Beta nurses and another doctor rushed in with a crash cart. 

"Come on, you prick- Clear!" I clicked my tongue. I had already shocked his heart four times.

A large hand clamped down on my shoulder. "Maybe, you should call it?"

"Fuck off- charging!" I wouldn't look the Beta nurse in the face. What would be the point of saving the kid? He probably wouldn't even be grateful. I could just imagine the look on his face when he wakes up. "Clear!"

I gasped with the other two nurses when he woke up. His soft brown eyes found mine and the little shit had the damn nerve to fucking smile. I nearly broke down on the spot, but before I could, his expression shifted and so had his features. He was turning back into a wolf.

"Everyone out!" I shouted just as the wolf jumped up and ripped the electric pads off his fur. The nurses left  and my phone started to ring. "Not a good fucking time!" 

"What happened to me!" He barked and thrashed his body against the walls of the room.

"You died and I brought you back." I watched with curiosity as he stopped bashing around.

"Why?" He sounded confused and angry. That was not the reaction I was expecting.

I sighed and felt my muscles unwind, like I was slowly turning into silly putty. Heat bubbled inside my chest and came out as laughter. I bent my head back and looked up at the ceiling.

"What's so funny?" He snarled.

"It's just my fucking luck!" I laughed harder, feeling tears streaking down my cheeks. "My mate is dying and in love with someone else!"

"Don't-" His voice cracked as he shifted back into his human form. "Don't do that." 

His hand touched my face and it sobered me up. 

"Do what?" I asked as his thumb brushed away a stray tear. 

Scott nearly breaking down the door when he entered the room caused on instinct, the Alpha in front of me to grab my coat and pull me into his chest. His arm wrapped protectively around my rib cage and I could feel his hot breath against my cheek.

"Oh," Scott said with arch brows. "From your phone call I thought you might've needed help, but I can see you've got everything under control."