Wood

EZRA POV

"Good Morning, Mr. Michelson, how are we feeling today?" I smiled brightly at the Omega in the hospital bed. He was in his late seventies, thin, and frail enough to break three bones while on vacation. 

Mr. Michelson scratched his thinning hair with his knobby fingers and grinned, "Like I said to the Sweetheart handing my breakfast this morning, I feel great- at least ten years younger!"

I laughed and looked down at his chart. "Well, it looks like the new drugs are working, and your fever is gone. We're going to keep you for the rest of the morning, to make sure everything checks out and if all goes well, we can get you go later this afternoon. How does that sound?" I looked up to see his grin grow wider.

"Dr. Wood that sounds wonderful, Marge will be so happy to hear our anniversary isn't completely ruined."

"She sure will, and I don't want to see you back here, you got that." I winked

"I will," Mr. Michelson said before looking down at my arm. "Say, maybe that new stuff  can work on your injuries too."

I recoiled my arm into my sleeve and pressed my lips into a firm smile. "Maybe."

I turned to leave and nearly bumped heads with one of the nurses. I looked down to see her widen with shock.

"Is everything alright?" I asked touching Lou's shoulder.

Lou looked passed me at Mr. Michelson and then back up. "You're needed in the Alpha ICU wing."

My smiled dropped and I mumbled a goodbye to Mr. Michelson as I ushered Lou into the hallway and out of the building. 

"He's awake and back in his wolf form." Lou huffed as she tried to keep my pace. We crossed the street and she continued. "W-We tried to sedate him, but it only knocked him out for ten minutes. He woke up shouting your name and then shifted."

I said nothing as I walked through the door of the Alpha hospital. My jaw felt wired shut and my wound throbbed as I balled my hands into fists. Doctors and nurses alike, looked at me with the same expression that Lou carried.

"He's in here," Lou said grabbing my elbow and taking me to the farthest room in the ICU. Two large Alphas were blocking the door- which was surrounded by medical equipment. "We've removed almost everything in the room because he kept breaking what ever was in his wake."

I nodded at the Alphas and turned to Lou. "Listen to me, you need to make sure no one else comes into that room. Find Beta doctors, make sure no young Alpha's are around, and then you need to get the hell out of here. If an Alpha can't reach me they'll try to find another Omega and I won't be able to protect you."

Lou narrowed her brows. "You're talking as if you're about to go into heat. That's-"

She looked down at my arm and I said nothing. 

"Dr. Wood," was all she said with a firm nod. A nod that wished me luck and said she would do the best that she could.

When the guards were switched with Betas I took a deep breath and walked into the room.