Not A Chapter, But! Story Time/Rant!!

I came out to my mum, sort of!

Okay so first things first, I'm a Panromantic Asexual (I mainly just go by Pansexual though, it's easier!), my parents are straight supporters of the gay people. I put it like that because, my parents don't know anymore about the lgbtq+ community besides what I've told them; which isn't much.

Not enough for them to know the flags, or the names of the sexualities, or anything like that. My parents do think I'm straight... I think.

I've been wanting to come out to them for almost a year, I've known about me not being straight for 3 and a half years, I've known that I've loved girls since I was really young, but that's when I actually realised. I just thought that loving every gender was normal, but no 7 to 14 year old me! That's not actually "normal" in this society! You just know to be excepting to everyone!

I have tried to get my courage up to come out to them, and that's really shot up in these past 3 days, thank you Dan and Phil for the courage that started this almost horrifying (for me) coming out story!

Okay, story time! So my dads birthday was coming up, me and my mum were going to get him some more clothes, because he desperately needs them but he never goes shopping for clothes.

So we were putting my dads birthday present on lay-by and when we finished that, we went to Jb-Hi-Fi to pre-order Good Omens on DVD (for me). As we were walking to the shop, we passed a shop that my mum wanted to show me, because she thought it had my style of clothing.

It does! It's the Australian version of Hot Topic, I love it!! we don't have Hot Topic here, this is the closest I can get! And out of the corner of my eye I saw a pan flag shirt, Australia doesn't really have any places that sells any lgbtq+ stuff, so I was really excited!

And so... I said, loud enough for my mother to hear (and she did!) "they have my flag!" As I pointed towards it before heading to it ... I didn't really think before speaking and I didn't realise I said that exactly until it was too late.

My mum was just sort of in a state of "okay, what's that mean?"  But she never said anything. Then I fucking remembered! Neither her or my father know anything about lgbtq+!! They don't know what Pansexuality is! And yet I just said it in the most casual way possible, like she's supposed to know!

Then I just went on about how they even have actual flags and god! I hope she never tells my father about this, I don't want to explain it and yet at the same time I hope she does because I want out of the cupboard! (Why would you keep pans in the closet? You weirdo! I'm so sorry!)

They don't know this stuff, so I'll have to tell them about it. I know they are people out there who have to go through worse and that's one of the reasons why I want to come out, so I can try to help those people more openly!

There's also the fact that if I come out to them, I have to come out to my grandparents, my dads mum is in her early 80's (and is very healthy and active for her age!) so she's grown up in that age of thinking Gay people were... sinners.

And I don't know her opinion on this! Nobody knows how much time they have with someone until it's too late and I don't want to lose her like that! But I also don't want to lose her without telling her the truth.

Back to the story, thankfully she never asked about what I meant, but she did ask what the price was. There was no price tags on the shirts, it was a small store, so she went up to the counter and asked the woman behind it what the price for those flag shirts were.

I immediately corrected to "Pride shirts" ... !?!? Why did I do that!? By then, my thoughts instantly turned to "do you want to come out now?? To just your mum? Wait for a chance with her AND dad" and yeah, she didn't question it from there on out.

So yeah! That how I basically came out to my mum but then realised that she has absolutely no idea what Pansexual means.

Also incase you're wondering, the shirt is $24 by itself, and no! I can't remember what the store is called, if I remember, I'll update you on my Instagram! It's Ldsuperstar if you actually care about that.

If you do, it's where I post video edits of: LdShadowLady, Jessie Paege, JackSepticEye, GirlGamerGab, Rk900, Rk800, SmallishBeans, Daniel Howell (sorry if that's wrong!), Phil Lester and AzzyLand! And on rare occasions, my best friend, Callie!