Chapter 5: What, Like A Date?

Sorry that these chapters are taking me so long to do and post, for some parts it's hard for me to find the inspiration on how to continue on the chapter.

Edit: I had to slightly fix this chapter, so I'm sorry if that messed up with where you were up to on this book!

"What are you too fuckers doing down here!? We're a team, not insolent kids on a group project that don't want to work together!!" I hear that fuck-head, Reed say from behind me and Conan.

"We're reviewing the evidence without annoyance, it was working for about two hours until you came down here." I say annoyed, turning around to see what I expected, Reed and Alex standing near the exit.

"And you two did not notice our disappearance for that long, proving you are terrible at your jobs as detectives." Conan says continuing to stare at the evidence wall, not blinking as if he's watching a movie and he fears he's going to miss something important.

"And now I'm hungry, so Conan is going to drive me to my food, and considering I don't want to be around you Reed, Conan and me are leaving, alone." I say as I grab Conan's collar and pull him towards the exit, which was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

'I must of given him enough of a warning for me to do that. Weird but sure.' I think as I let go of his collar and head up the stairs.

"I don't see why you had to drag me out of there, my legs work perfectly by themselves." I hear Conan say as we exit the precinct, making me chuckle slightly.

"I just really wanted to get away from Reed." I say explaining my reasoning of dragging an Android out of doing his work.

"What made you hate detective Reed?" Conan asks as we head into the car garage.

"He would constantly try to ask me out, no matter how many times I said no. Then after my brother died and I came back to work, even though he knew I wasn't over that, the whole department knew that actually, he came up to me and just asked me out again. Not saying anything about my brother or anything else, just 'So did you think about that date?' And I just lost all trust in him." I answer, remembering the whole thing, leaving out the fact I caused that scar on his nose by punching him in the face.

"I'm guessing you would like to eat at chicken feed?" Conan asks as we get into the car and he starts it. "Yes I would like to eat at chicken feed, thank you Conan." I say as though I'm an Android, I also readjust my sitting position so that my back is as straight as an Android sitting down.

"Why do you act so child-like?" Conan says like a mother would when questioning her child that did something wrong. "I'm sorry." I say giving him a guilty puppy look.

"Cute." Conan tries to mumble to himself as he refocuses on driving.  I slightly chuckle at that because he's actually showing more and more deviance, yes it may be small but it is there and he's showing it.

*Time Skip*

"What took you two so long!?" I hear Reed yell as soon as me and Conan walk into the precinct, about an hour after we left.

"Lieutenant Anderson wanted to drive, I would not let her, so it took longer than expected, we are sorry for worrying you, detective." Conan says as I sit down at my desk.

"I wouldn't worry about you two if my life depended on it." Reed says as I pick up the evidence photos and look through them again, for the twentieth time.

"Lieutenant Anderson?" Conan asks as he stands near my desk. "Yes Conan, what do you need?" I respond, trying not to focus on the fact that I'm working with a fuckbag.