Chapter 18: Regret Loving You

"Y/n wake up!" I hear someone shout causing me to instantly sit up in bed, ready to grab the gun that's tucked away in my nightstand if I need to.

"Good you're up, we're needed at the station." Conan says as he throws a clean pair of clothes at me. "Jee thanks for letting me wake up before getting ready, love." I say back as I get out of bed.

"No problem, Lieutenant." Conan says back sarcastically with a smirk. "Okay get out, start making my breakfast and see if Connor has feed Grey, please Conan?" I ask as I wait for him to leave before changing.

"Of course, Y/n. What do you want?" Conan asks back as he heads for the bedroom door. "Scrambled eggs and toast, please." I answer as he grab the handle and nods before exiting the room, leaving me to change into the clothes he picked for me.

"Your breakfast is on the counter waiting for you, I'm going to go change." Conan says as I exit my bedroom, placing a quick kiss on my forehead before heading into my room to change.

"Thank you." I say quickly to make sure he hears me before heading into my room. "Good morning Connor." I say as I grab my breakfast from the counter and head towards the couch to sit and eat.

"Good morning Lieutenant, how did you sleep?" Connor asks making me sigh slightly. "Why do you androids insist on calling me lieutenant? My name is Y/n! Learn it." I say loud enough that Conan might hear me as well.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. How did you sleep?" Connor says correcting himself as I shove a piece of toast in my mouth. "I slept fine. Did you work out your next step after here? I'm not saying that you can't stay here, but I can't keep you here forever." I explain as I finish my mouthful of toast and replace it with a mouthful of scrambled egg.

"Not fully, but I'm planning to head to Canada. It's safe, there's no android laws and it's across the border so CyberLife can't actually get to me." Connor says causing me to figure out exactly what to do.

"I know a way into Canada that you can take, it'll take a couple days but it's the safest way to get there without getting caught." I say after I finish about half of my breakfast.

"Why and how do you know a way into Canada that people can't get caught using?" I hear Conan ask from behind me. "I have a friend that used to live near a river that's she used to sneak deviants across the border. She did nothing wrong Conan, she saw androids as people and I protected her from other officers finding out." I explain as I avoid Conan's glaze.

"There's a house near the river, it's a days walk from the old Pirate's Cove theme park. You should be able to find it easily, there's a boat out the back of it that you can take to get across the river. I can't say that I know a way out of the city where you won't get caught but I'm sure you can figure that out." I say to Connor after I finish my breakfast.

"You've already done enough, Y/n. Thank you." Connor says as I put the plate and utensils in the dishwasher to wash while me and Conan are working.

"Okay then. Just don't leave without saying goodbye, otherwise I'll hunt you down and kill you myself, got it?" I ask threateningly as I put my shoes on and Conan grabs our jackets from the closet.

"Got it. How much longer do you want me to stay here?" Connor asks as Conan hands me my jacket with a smile to show that he's not mad at me or anything like that.

"3 days, at the least! I want to try and solve this case before you go so we can give you a lift as far out of the city as possible." I answer as Conan and I put our jackets on and head towards the elevator.

"Got it. See you two later." Connor says as he kneels next to Grey and pets him. "See you later and keep Grey happy." Conan says as we enter the elevator, I immediately smile at the two androids talking to each other as I press the garage floor button.