Chapter 16: Holding You In My Arms

"Aren't you programmed to wake Y/n in time to go to work?" Connor asks Conan as I grab some food from the fridge to eat while Conan drives to work.

"No, I'm only programmed to wake her when there's a case. It doesn't say anything about waking her to get to work on time." Conan answers as I head towards my shoes to put them on.

"Yeah and look where that leaves me! In a hurry to at least try and not be too late because my stupid ass android boyfriend wasn't programmed to wake me up on time." I rant as I put my shoes on.

"Do you want me to start waking you up on time lieutenant?" Conan asks with a smirk, making me glare at him. 'Smug bastard' I think as I walk up to him and Connor, smacking Conan's arm as I turn to Connor.

"You sure you're going to be okay here alone?" I ask completely unsure as to what I'm supposed to do with a deviant android hiding in my house. "I'll be fine, I have Grey." Connor says making me realise that I sound like a parent worrying about their child.

"Okay then, we'll be back around 7." I say as I look down at Grey, who's just happily sitting next to Connor's feet. "See you two then." Connor says with a smile as me and Conan turn and head towards the elevator.

"See you then." Conan says as we round the little corner for the elevator and wait for it to arrive after I press the button. "If my house is a mess when we get back, CyberLife isn't going to be the problem, okay Connor?" I ask, making sure he knows not to mess up my place.

"Got it!" I hear Connor answer, followed by the sound of the tv turning on to some show. "You better!" I shout back as we step into the elevator.

"And here I was thinking I would be the hard one on him." Conan says as I hit the parking lot button to go get my bike and head to work.

"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing too." I reply with a slightly cheeky smirk. Conan pushes me slightly with his forearm, showing that he knows what exactly I mean by that and that he saw my smirk.

"Not like you can blame me. You said it yourself, you thought it too." I say as I lightly push him back with a cheeky smile sent his way along with it.

"Doesn't mean I want you to think that, you're better than that. You think too highly of me." Conan continues as he regains a android-like stance accompanied with a cheeky smile that matches my own.

"But of course, why wouldn't I? You are perfect after all." I say with a fake fancy accent that disappeared off slightly towards the end to show that I do mean he is perfect.

"Because you're way more perfect than a human should be, too mentally strong, too fast, too sweet, too caring, too.. too beautiful than any other human could be." Conan says as we exit the elevator and step towards my bike that's right next to the elevator.

I literally had to convince the people who arrange the parking spaces to give me the spot closest to the elevator, so I could get out of here as quickly as possible if there's a case that needs immediate services.

"Conan, have I told you how deviant that sounds before or how amazing you are? Because I'm saying it now." I say as he does up his helmet strap and I try to do mine.

"Why do you keep on trying and how do you not know how to properly do up your helmet strap when you've been riding a bike for 11 years?" Conan asks as he finishes tightening his strap and starts tightening mine.

"I'm too busy working and too lazy to try to learn how to properly tighten a helmet strap that I'm going to forget how to do the next day." I say as he finishes up, leaving us to get onto my bike.

"Let me get this right, you're lazy, forgetful and you you can't be bothered to learn a simple task? How are you a lieutenant?" Conan asks as he gets on my bike and waits for me to get on.