Chapter 8: Almost Went Deviant

I feel like I'm a not writing these chapters fast enough and this chapter is so hard to try figure out what to do! So I'm so sorry!!

Also this continues on from the last chapter, so I added the last bit of that chapter in case you don't fully remember the last part!

"Do I have to have a reason to care for you?" He asks back as he places his right hand on the kitchen counter beside my hip, keeping me from moving away.

"No, not really." Is all I say as he moves very slightly towards me a bit, I, for some reason, move back more, till my back finally rests against the counter.

Neither of us really say anything in this moment, Conan bends down slightly and I immediately forget whatever it was I was thinking. All I could focus on was him.

When we were almost touching, he just stopped, like something was stopping from going any further. That's when I realised what was happening and immediately looked over to the side of the kitchen.

"W- we shouldn't, I- I..uh.." I stutter as I try to piece together what was even going on. As I continue stuttering, I hear Conan sigh and feel a kiss being placed on my cheek, making my face heat up more than it already was and shutting me up.

"It's fine. Just breath and try to calm down." Conan says as he tries to calm me down for the second time in under 30 minuets. "I swear it's like you're trying to make me deviant." Conan whispers as I finally calm down enough to remember what caused us to be in this position.

"From what, I believe almost happened just then, that wouldn't be so bad." Is all I say as I turn back to face him, to show him that I mean it.

"I... I agree."

*The Next Day*

When I woke up Conan and I started getting ready to head into work, thankfully it was early enough that nobody else was in the elevator with us this time.

After what occurred yesterday, Conan has been nicer than before that. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not complaining! It's just.. something that I didn't really think would happen.

As we were headed towards my bike, because I felt like taking my bike to work, I decided to ask Conan a couple of questions.

"Why did you stop moving yesterday? You know before... what almost happened." I ask as Conan and I start putting on our helmets.

"I... I saw.. a red barrier type of wall, almost... blocking me, I guess." Conan answers as he finishes tightening his helmet strap and moving to help me with mine.

"Wait, so do you.. do you think you... almost went deviant?" I ask unsure if I should feel disappointed or happy for almost deviating the so called 'Android that can not become deviant'.

"Maybe, but if I did, that means I'm faulty and need to be returned to CyberLife, so I can be replaced." Conan states as he finishes tightening my helmet strap.

"You definitely didn't almost go deviant then, I don't won't a replacement of you." Is all I say as I try and fight of the wave of uneasy feelings that got brought up by the mention of Conan being replaced.

Those memories that I have with him are special to me, I haven't had someone this close to me since Cole died, not even Dad was this close to me.