Chapter 9: Realising Now, That He's Gone

I'm so sorry!! 😕

After what happened earlier, Fowler told me to head home so I could try and work out who shoot Conan tomorrow. I was in so much shock that I didn't even know what was actually happening.

When I got home, Grey instantly came running towards me, obviously glad that I'm home, that's when I finally realised what happened and broke down into tears once I was seated on the couch realising now, that he's gone.

Grey somehow knowing what was going on, hoped up onto the couch, cuddling into me to try and make me feel better, showing me that he isn't going anywhere.

"I'm okay, I'm okay." I say trying to reassure Grey that I'm not injured...physically anyway. "Conan is most likely going to be replaced by tomorrow morning, wether or not he has all his memories is a different story though." I explain to Grey, after I finish explaining that, he whimpers slightly.

Grey has always been a very smart dog, even if he is only 11 months old, he always, always understands what I say and how I feel. It's the one reason why I will never take him to work, I am NOT losing him too.

"Are you okay with a early dinner? I just can't do this right now, crying takes a lot of energy." I say to Grey as I stand up and head towards the cabinet that has his tins of food in it.

After I feed Grey and throw the empty can into the trash, I head into my bedroom and go straight to bed, not really wanting to wake up tomorrow to find Conan's replacement.

*The Next Day*

When I woke up I did my normal morning routine which includes: feeding Grey, having the shower that I forgot to have last night, having breakfast and leaving for work.

When I finally got to work I definitely wasn't surprised to see Conan's replacement already at his desk working away, though when I did first see him, I stopped walking towards my desk for a couple of seconds.

"Morning, Lieutenant." I hear him say as I pass his desk and sit down at mine. "Morning, Rk." I reply as I open the case file that was placed on my desk, only to see a photo of Conan's body lying on the sidewalk, where I left him.

"Did I do something to offend you, Lieutenant? You seem quieter than normal." Conan asks as I start looking through the photos that were included in the case file, preparing myself to go down and look at the evidence in person.

"No, I just know that CyberLife probably hasn't uploaded ALL of Conan's memories to you and if they did they are probably blocked off, so I'm not really that happy about having him replaced right now." Is all I say as I get up and head towards the evidence room.

"I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I'll try my best to reassure you that we are both the same, wether he almost went deviant or not." I hear Conan say from behind me as we descend the stairs to the evidence wall.

I swear I heard him hiss with anger at the word 'deviant', something that Conan didn't do. Then again I never actually heard him say 'deviant' before, so I guess I can't say that that is a difference.

Neither Conan nor I said anything as I entered my password to my evidence wall, which I was slightly happy about. But I do need to try and get along with Conan's replacement, I can't just ignore him forever.

"Are you sure you want to work this case, Lieutenant? My previous model was reportedly pretty close to you." Conan says as the wall finally appears with Conan's old model and the bullet, the only real evidence we have right now.