Chapter 10: Too Good For Me

Part of this was hard for me to write so I'm sorry if the part after the Time Skip is cliche and/or cringe!! It may also be cute so...I'm sorry?

F/f = Favourite food

*Y/n's Point Of View*

After I finished my lunch, including a talk with Conan about why he let me drive, which I'm NOT complaining about! It's just that he doesn't want me to kill myself and him, we started heading back to the precinct.

"I should let you drive more, I like holding you like this." I hear Conan says into my left ear, speaking louder so I could hear him over the sound of my motorcycle though it sounded like a whisper in my ear.

I couldn't help but smile after he said that, moving further into his arms, I say. "And I definitely don't mind being in your arms. Or that you should let me drive more."

As I continue driving, I feel Conan place his head on my left shoulder, pulling me closer to him causing my smile to become bigger without my consent with a small laugh escaping my lips.

When we finally arrived back at the station, I was slightly surprised to see Reed's car there. I thought he wasn't coming in today, he did say on the note he left yesterday that he wasn't going to be coming in for a couple of days.

"Mmm, yay, work." I hear Conan mumble sarcastically as we get off my bike and undo the straps on our helmets, causing me to laugh.

"If you could stop laughing at me Lieutenant, I think we should go back to work." Conan says with a soft smile, I nod my head in agreement as I start walking towards the precinct doors.

When we where walking through the precinct doors I felt Conan place his hand on my back, almost like his escorting me through the precinct.

His hand never left my back until we were almost at our desk, I say almost because Reed was sitting on my desk like he was waiting for us to come back from lunch.

"About time you pricks got back from your lunch break!" Reed says as he gets off my desk to stand in front of us. "What do you want Reed?" I ask as I try and push down the urge to feel Conan against me.

Not like that! I just..like the feeling of Conan holding me. It's surprisingly warm and soft for an Android that can't actually feel the warmth or have..actually..muscles...let's move on.

"We're working a case together aren't we?" He replies making me wonder why no one told him that we solved the case already.

"Conan and I already solved the case. We went over the evidence yesterday when you weren't here and ruled it out as a suicide as that's what the evidence pointed towards." I say remembering what happened after we solved the case, without realising it I leaned back into Conan a bit.

"You mean to tell me that I came to work today for nothing!?" Reed yells, getting mad that we apparently ruined his second day off sick.

"Not nothing, you're healthy enough to actually work for once in your life detective." Conan says from behind me causing me to almost laugh at the way Conan sassed Reed.

"Oh really funny, Connor. I appreciate your help in my life." Reed says sarcastically, making me get ready for Conan's anger.

"I wouldn't call him Connor if you don't want to die." I comment as I reach back to hold Conan's hand to try and calm him down.

"Oh yeah, what's he going to do? Beat me up in a police station?" Reed says mockingly as I try to walk around Reed to get to my desk, pulling Conan along with me.

"Probably." Is all I say as I walk past Reed, looking back to make sure Conan doesn't do anything deviant-like. Which thankfully he doesn't.

*Time Skip*