Chapter 4: A Little Bit Of Deviancy

I'm sorry that it's taking me so long to write these chapters it's just after the first 3 chapters I didn't know where to go with the next one(s), so, I'm sorry for the wait! Hopefully I'll be able to figure where to go with this soon!

N/n = nickname

As I awaken, I smell something different than the normal smell that Hanks house smells like. That smell being alcohol and I don't mean slightly!

It smells... nice like walking into McDonalds or KFC when you haven't eaten for 3 hours, but also like a homemade breakfast, one that your mom makes for you when you wake up feeling like shit.

I sit up so that I'm facing the door to the lounge room, putting on Dads old grey slippers and standing up to open the door.

As I exit Dads room, I see Conan in the kitchen and Sumo eating, what I'm guessing is his breakfast. I honestly didn't expect him to do that! I mean he's 14! Why would Sumo be up this early!?

"Um... what are you doing?" I ask tiredly as I head towards Conan to see what he's cooking, since I didn't know he could.

"You need a good breakfast if you are to be at the top of your, what humans call, game. So, I am making you breakfast, more specifically pancakes." Conan answers as he turns and faces towards a plate with a couple of pancakes on it, adding another pancake onto the stack.

"I would ask you to sit at the table but seeing as it is not clean, I suggest you sit down on the couch and I'll bring you your pancakes." He says making me remember how I found Dads body.

"Yeah, uh, will do." I say as I start heading over towards the couch, trying to completely ignore the pang of loss and guilt eating it's way through my heart.

"Your emotional state has declined slightly, did I say something to upset you again?" Conan asks as he sets my food on the coffee table.

"No, not really. It's just that's where I found Dad, at the table." I say as I try and focus on my food, not caring about going into detail for the poor Android that has to put up with my emotional wreck of an ass.

"Thanks for the, uh, food, I appreciate it." I say as I grab the knife and fork Conan brought over to me with my plate of pancakes.

"You are welcome." Is all Conan says as I start eating. In fact that's all he says as I finish up eating and get ready to go to work.

"We're taking Dads car, I'm sick of you driving my bike." I say as I toss him the keys to Dads car that looks like it's from around 2021.

"It is safer for me to drive because I have faster instincts than you and I know what to do incase of an accident. Not saying that you don't but I can react way quicker than you ever could." Conan says as he starts the car, rewarding him with one of Dads favourite songs from Knights Of Black Death.

I turn down the volume as soon as I see Conan slightly jump from how loud the music was. Even if it was more of a twitch than a jump, I still got what I wanted.

"Way quicker instincts." I say sarcastically as Conan starts to reverse down the driveway. "Why must humans insist on using sarcasm? It is absolutely unnecessary." Conan asks as we start heading towards work.

"Because every now and again we get annoyed with someone saying or doing something and sarcasm helps somehow. I don't know how but it does." I answer trying to help Conan understand humanity more so I don't have to put up with his Connor-like questions.