Chapter 25

It's New Years Eve and the boys are getting ready for a party. One of Joe's actor friends got them into some Hollywood hot shot party. They were both in a good mood the past few days and things have been good between them. So they were excited to go out and celebrate the end of their rough patch and the end of this crazy ass year. Joe was bouncing off the walls with excitement, changing his outfit four times, and telling Ben about all the people who are gonna be there. Ben's excitement matched Joe's. The only difference was Ben had settled on an outfit. He was sitting on the bed, watching his boyfriends fashion show. He loved how Joe was eating up all the attention. Joe felt good. Ben felt good. They were good.

Until Ben started feeling not well, he wasn't sure what the feeling. But it wasn't good. He looked at Joe and all life drained from his face. He stood up, ran to the bathroom, and vomited the contents of his stomach. After minutes of puking, his stomach was finally empty. He sat on the ground, his back against the wall, and felt slightly better. Joe joined him in the bathroom, sitting down next to him with a glass of water. Ben chugged the water and immediacy had his head back in the bowl. Joe rubbed his back and gave him the supportive words a boyfriend should give in this situation.

"I told you gas station sushi was a bad idea. I told you I would bring you to a nice sushi place. But no, you didn't listen." Joe said kissing his boyfriends shoulder.

Ben had finished, and rested his head against Joe. Waiting for the next round to hit him.

"Piss off, love. I'm not gonna make it to the party tonight. But I want you to go still." Ben said closing his eyes, trying to relax.

"Not going, Hardy. Gonna stay here and take care of you like how you always took care of me." Joe said. He clasped his hands with the blond boys and pulled them up to his mouth to kiss them.

"Tell me a secret." Ben said, his voice was raw.

"When we were kids, sometimes I would purposely eat dairy. So you would have to take care of me. Tell me a secret." Joe said nervously laughing.

"Wanker and I had a feeling you did it on purpose! Uhm, you can't be mad or get upset. Okay?" Ben said.

"Promise." Joe said.

"I bought you a Christmas gift. But after you said you were glad we didn't do gifts, I kicked it under the couch." Ben said, eyes still closed. He didn't want to see Joe's reaction.

"Oh."

"Oh?"

"You really bought me a gift. After everything? Even after I said not to? Why are you so bloody perfect. But I didn't buy you anything Benny, I'm sorry.' Joe stumbled on his own words.

Ben waited a second before getting up, making sure he wasn't gonna hurl anymore. He grabbed Joe's hand helping him up for before walking to the living room. Ben got down and grabbed the little gift box before sitting down on the couch next to Joe. He passed the gift to Joe with a smile. Joe opened it and looked at Ben with an eyebrow raised.

"It's a promise ring you wanker. Not proposing, not yet anyways." Ben said laughing to ease the tension.

Joe put the ring on his right ring finger, staring at it awe. It was a simple ring, just a plain gold band. But Joe loved it so much. He used his right hand to grab Ben's face and pull himself closer for a kiss. It was a messy kiss, too much teeth and a whole lot of tongue. But they wouldn't want it any other way. Maybe Ben would rather have it one other way.

"I probably taste like vomit, love." Ben said a little embarrassed.

"You do, and I love it. Just like I love this promise ring. And just like how I love you." Joe said giving him a gentle peck on the lips.

"I love you too."

"But maybe you should brush your teeth and we can both change into comfy clothes and watch TV." Joe said laughing.

Ben agreed. They both did just that and settled back onto the couch. Watching some new years eve countdown. Ben running to the bathroom every so often. Joe made him soup and tea, constantly forcing him to drink water. Ben was drifting in and out of sleep as Joe rubbed his back and stroked his hair. It wasn't until the countdown was near that Ben was forcing himself to stay up.

"Love just go to sleep, you're not gonna miss much." Joe said pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Wanna end the year with you and start a new one with you. Wanna do it right." Ben said as he bounced on his toes.

Joe shook his head and pulled Ben on his lap just as the count down began.

10

9

8

"Let's get our own house. I have enough money saved up, we both make enough. Let's do it." Joe said.

"I would like that very much." Ben said kissing his boyfriend.

7

6

5

"Not yet love." Joe said pushing the blond boys lips away.

4

3

2

1

"Happy new year!" Ben shouted before grabbing Joe by the shirt and crashing their lips together.

"If this year is half as good as this moment, it's gonna be a good year." Joe said.

Joe laid down and let Ben drape himself over his body. Falling asleep only minutes after the new year started.