Chapter 9

*5 months later*

Joe was thriving in California, he had just finished his first movie and ended the press tour. Rami and Lucy had moved out to California and the three of them became so close. Joe was happy. Him and Rami both got a part in a new movie, production wasn't starting for a while so they had time off to relax and enjoy the sunshine. He talks to his mum 4 times a week. He misses her like crazy. "Mr. Hollywood!" She yells every time he calls. She is always asking if he found a boyfriend or is talking to anyone. Joe has been on a couple dates, kissed a few lads at some gay clubs. Nothing serious and he didn't mind. He wanted to focus on acting. She asks if he talked to Ben, he always lies and says yes. He hasn't spoke to Ben since that night. He missed Ben like crazy but was still hurt from how he treated him. Lucy kept pestering for him to call Ben. He always declined to call, he wasn't ready.

Joe was packing a bag, he was heading to London in a few days to go home for a couple weeks. His 19th birthday was soon, which meant Bens birthday was soon. He was excited to see his family and to tell them that for the first time in a long time, he was happy.

*

Ben didn't move from the couch for a while. Rosemary came to get the few things she had there. She brought Ben food occasionally. He never ate it, so she stopped bringing him food. Then she stopped showing up. Ben was asked to leave the Rugby team. When he wasn't showing up too hungover to function, he was piss drunk. "Pack your shit Hardy. Figure your business out!" His coach told him as he packed his locker. He was still paid for his contract. So he sat on his couch, drinking and thinking of what a monster he was to Joe. He would get himself off thinking of Joe and crying. He forgot what Joe's smile looked like. He was sad. He came to accept that he was gay. He moved home, he couldn't afford the flat. He told his mum that he was gay. He left out getting kicked off the team and what happened between him and Joe. His mum said she loved him no matter what. She said she wasn't surprised, him and Joe do everything together. Hearing that made him smile, he loved talking about Joe. He loved Joe. He loved that he would see Joe, even if Joe didn't want to see him. His drinking calmed down and he got himself a job at a coffee shop. He was still sad.

*

Joe rang home before leaving for the airport.

Ben answered the phone, "hello!" He said.

"Hey Ben, is my mum around?" Joe asked getting to the point.

"Nah they are all out. Want to leave a message?" Ben asked nervously.

"Just send them all my love. My plane lands at 10:30 am. See you guys soon!" Joe said very fast.

"Joe, please" Ben said to Joe. Joe knew where Ben was going with this.

"Tell me a secret Ben." Joe said back to him.

"I can't stop thinking about our kiss. Tell me a secret Joe." Ben said in a whisper.

"I can't either but I stop when I remember you yelling at me." Joe said hanging up.

He wanted to keep Ben at a distance because he knew the second he sees him, he'll forgive him and want to kiss him. But Joe wasn't ready. Ben figured Joe wanted nothing to do with him, so he picked up extra shifts to avoid seeing him. Ben cleaned up their shared room so Joe would be happy. He ran to the store to grab him his favorite tea, ice cream and beer. He wanted to make Joe happy. Making Joe happy, made him happy. And Ben wanted to be happy.