Chapter 3

The boys are 18 now. Ben is on a traveling Rugby team and Joe is enrolled in a top notch drama school. Though they are both busy, they still see each other all the time. Ben and his mum still live with Joe's family. Ben goes to all of Joe's plays and musicals, every show. Joe goes to every match, even the ones hours away.

Ben and Rosemary have officially started dating 6 months ago. So Joe saw alot of her, but he loved her. She was always trying to set him up with her friends, but Joe devoted all his time to theater. But summer was coming, which meant both boys would have more free time.

"I'm home" Joe sang whike walking through the front door.

He was gone for 3 weeks and was excited to finally rest. His mum, dad and Ben's mum were in the living, greeting him with big hugs and kisses. They chatted for a moment before Joe was tackled by Ben.

"You're home 2 days early!" Ben shouted giving his best mate a hug.

"Thought I'd surprise you all!" Joe said hugging him back.

Ben helped him unpack and get back settled into their room. Ben was messy, but Joe didn't mind cleaning up after him.

"How was it? I missed you like crazy, Rosemary too!" Ben said to Joe.

"Great actually, they sent us on auditions. I think I did well. Met a girl who lives 15 minutes from us. Her name is Lucy." Joe answered back.

"You like her?" Ben asked, he wanted nothing more him to be happy.

"I do, I asked her to be my girlfriend. We started dating 2 weeks ago." Joe said.

"Joe! That's great." Ben said smiling.

They finished upstairs and went downstairs to have a couple beers. After a few beers, Joe looked at Ben and said "Tell me a secret!".

Ben was nervous to tell him but finally said "Rosemary and I had sex."

Joe gave him a high five and said "Pretty cool, very grown up Benny". They laughed at Joe's comment and Ben told him what it was like.

"Tell me a secret" Ben asked Joe.

He wanted to tell him that Lucy keeps asking for sex but he keeps putting it off. He didn't want Ben to think he was weird. Instead he said, "I'm nervous I won't make it as an actor. People out there are really good, and I'm afraid I'll never make it".

Ben smiled at Joe and said "You are good and you'll make it. I know you will".

They sat talking all night, catching up and reminiscing of the days when they were younger. Ben missed Joe's smile. His smile was genuine and beautiful. Ben thought to himself he's lucky to have been around his smile for 18 years. Joe tried to hide his jealousy when Ben talked about Rosemary. He wasn't jealous of Ben. He was jealous of Rosemary and he wasn't sure why.