Chapter 16

Ben was cleaning up since Joe cooked. He didn't know Joe could cook. He could could get use to eating Joe's cooking. Joe was watching him clean, anytime he tried to get up Ben shot him a look.

"I thought you wanted to shower?" Ben said drying the dishes.

"Was hoping my boyfriend would join me. You do stink from traveling all day. You could use a shower too." Joe said with a smirk.

"Piss off Joe!" Ben said shoving Joe.

Ben kept cleaning, taking his time. Ben and soent the last 19 years with Joe. But something about slapping a title of Boyfriends on their relationship, put this pressure on him. He knows how to be his best mate, but wasn't sure how to be his boyfriend. Ben's thoughts were interrupted by Joe.

"Hardy? Earth to Ben?" Joe said waving his hands.

"Just thinking." Ben said.

"Tell me a secret." Joe without thinking.

"You left a shirt back home, I slept with it every night after you left. Tell me a secret." Ben explained.

"You're going soft on me. My secret? I left it there on purpose." Joe said back, leaning in to kiss Ben.

He pulled away only to grab Ben's hand and bring them both to the shower. Joe slammed the door behind them and turned to face the younger boy. Joe turned on the shower to ket it warm up and took off his shirt, tossing it in the counter. Ben watched Joe, staring at him, mouth opened just a bit.

"What are you doing, get undressed?" Joe said taking his boxers off, standing there naked.

He walked towards Ben, lifting up Ben's shirt. He was wondering why Ben was so hesitant to get naked. Growing up Ben was the first one to get naked. He tugged town Ben's briefs, shot up to kiss Ben, and pulled them both into the shower. It was intimate, nothing sexual. Washing each other, purposely getting soap in each others eyes, splashing the water at each other, acting like they've been joking around for 19 years. Which of course they have. After both boys were clean, they jumped out, and ran naked to Joe's room. Racing each other, pushing the other boy out of the way. Ben pushed the older boy out of the way so he made it in the room first.

"Bloody hell Hardy! I haven't played Rugby in nine years!" Joe said changing into his pajama bottoms.

Ben was kneeling on the ground rummaging through his luggage.

"Not my problem, Joe. Don't be pissed I'm stronger than you. Always have, always will be." Ben said putting on his pajamas and jumping into bed.

"Tea?" Joe asked.

"No god damn tea, you'll be up all night!" Ben said pulling him in the bed and rolling ove him.

The blonde boy laying on top of the brunette.

"Taking such good care of your boyfriend! Good, we need a nice rest busy day tomorrow!" Joe said kissing his boyfriend.

Ben rolled over and pulled Joe in close. Ben was excited for the day Joe had planned. He wondered if he should've planned something. Or maybe not cos he's a guest? But Joe asked him to stay so is he a guest? Joe sensed Ben was in his head again.

"Tell me a secret." Joe asked.

"I don't know how to separate our friendship and our relationship. It feels weird, you're my best mate who I can wrestle with but can I also kiss you when I want? Why does this come so natural to you..?" Ben started by was cut off by Joe.

"Jesus Christ, Ben. You're over thinking all of it. Relax and just be yourself. I fell for you." Joe said back.

"I'm sorry, don't wanna mess up. Tell me a secret?" Ben said.

"I want us to be together forever." Joe said.

Ben smiled so hard his face hurt. He wanted to be with Joe forever too. Joe wanted to tell him he loves him, not just as a mate but as a boyfriend. He figured Ben wasn't ready so he'll kerp that secret to himself. Joe noticed Ben was asleep first and decided it was time for him to sleep. Falling asleep in his boyfriends arms, smiling. Both boys dreaming about about their forever together.