Chapter 18

He untangled himself from Joe and went to the kitchen to make himself a cuppa, and watch a movie. It was only a little after 11 pm but he was still trying to be quiet to not wake Lucy. He took a sip of his piping hot cuppa and shouted through his teeth "fuck".

It was only a moment later when Lucy emerged from in bedroom and joined Ben on the couch.

"Can't sleep?" She asked him. Ben nodded to her.

"Me either. Always sleep better when Rami's here. He's at his brothers for the night. Mind if I join you?" She asked him.

"Not at all Luc!" He said with a smile.

They watched some crappy movie that was on cable for while, not talking.

"Can I talk to you about me and Joe?" Ben said turning to face Lucy.

She nodded yes, facing him. Lucy never had a problem helping Joe and so she had no problem helping Ben. Ben took a couple deep breaths, trying to collect himself before speaking.

"I feel like I don't deserve him. I was a monster to him, yeah I apologized. But he's gotta be holding it against me. Right? He's too good to me Luc. He's so casual about us dating, everything comes natural. I'm afraid to kiss him in case he doesn't wanna kiss me? I'm in my head over thinking. And don't even get me started on sex - " Ben spat out until Lucy cut him off.

"Ben, you sound like a lunatic. And I'm not talking about your sex like, that's what the Internet is for." She said laughing.

Ben relaxed after she laughed, he was being absolutely mad.

"Stop beating yourself up, you did a shit thing. Granted you were struggling with your sexuality. When Joe and I dated, he avoided touching me and having sex. Then when we did, he cried and broke up with me. Yeah, I was hurt but it happened and he apologized. I don't hold it against him and I know doesn't hold it against you. He loves you." Lucy said grabbing Ben's hand.

Ben knew Lucy wouldn't lie to him. She never lied. Like the time he put a shirt on for the Clubs and Lucy made him change because it was in her words "utterly disgusting, pure shite". She never held back. Ben smiled at her.

"Just be his best mate, and if you wanna kiss him, kiss him. Relax, and just let it cone naturally. You're so god damn tense all the time. " Lucy said shaking his shoulders.

"We don't deserve you, Luc. You really are something special." Ben said back.

"I know! Is he nervous for tomorrow?" She asked him, slightly changing the subject.

"Yeah, that's all he talks about. His secret was that he wants to win so bad and mine was basically saying I want to have sex. I'm a shit boyfriend." He said rubbing his face pretty hard.

Lucy spat out her tea followed by a loud laugh.

"You two fools still spill secrets?" She said with a big smile plastered a cross her face. She really was a hopeless romantic.

"Yeah, it's childish but it's what we know" Ben said shrugging.

He knew it was weird they still did it, it was the one thing thst came natural to him when talking to Joe. He wasn't about to get rid of it.

"Christ, please go have sex with your boyfriend. Maybe that's why your so tense." Lucy said, trying to catch her breath from laughing.

"Piss off!" He laughed back.

They sat there talking about Joe, Ben finding a job and getting a visa to stay, and Lucy's modeling career until 4:30 a.m. Ben fell asleep first and Lucy curled up on the other side of the couch falling asleep right after.

***

Joe woke up and rolled over to face Ben. Realizing Ben wasn't there made his heart race. He was thought back to his comment about him walking funny and thought it was too much for Ben. He knew Ben was still getting use to the whole "him being gay thing" and started to panic. He jumped out of bed, half asleep, in a pair of briefs and ran to the living room. He body relaxed when he saw his sleeping boyfriend on the couch with Lucy. He knew better than to wake then knowing that they were probably up half the night. Ge checked the time, it was already noon. He had a few things to get done, he left a note on the counter for Ben.

"Ben,
ran out for a bit, I'll be back soon. We're leaving at 5, please by ready.
Joe xx"