65) I Trusted You

Start from the beginning

"Jiraiya..."

"I only have two objectives. Retrieve (Y/N) and learn more about the Akatsuki leader." He said, as he stood up.
"I plan to do both, so promise me you'll go easy on her." He added, as Tsunade looked at the ground.
"I'm sure they've punished her more than enough." He said, as Tsunade frowned.
"Especially if what Kakashi's reports said is true." He added.
"But I know you'll do whatever needs to be done! Oh! And one more thing." He said as he pulled a book out of his bag.
"Give this to (Y/N) for me." He cheered on with a closed eye smile as he began to walk off.

"Jiraiya!" Tsunade called out, making the Sannin look back at her.
"Be careful..." She said fluster-faced, as he nodded.

"See you soon Tsunade!" He waved on, as he made it his mission to find (Y/N).

*         *         *

"Hey, why did the chicken cross the road?"

"To avoid lame and outdated jokes..." I said with a huff, as Karda let out a heavy sigh.

"Well someone is not being very optimistic today." He said as I snorted.

"Are you being serious right now Karda?"

"What? I'm actually curious! It was an old saying back when I was growing up!" He said as I rolled my eyes.

"That's like asking what came first, the chicken or the egg?" I said as his eyes widened like a little kids.

"Ohh? Now you've piqued my interests." He said as I sighed.

"We really do need to get out of here. I think you've finally gone insane." I said with a chuckle, as he rolled his eyes and huffed.

"Well excuse me for being limited on my sources of entertainment. Not as if I could humor you with my other natural talents." He said as he crossed his arms.

"Such as what?" I raised a brow.

"Oh, you know, my skills with the hacky sack surely has the talents to amuse every eye that watches it." He said with a smirk as I laughed.

"Yeah, yeah." I waved off as he chuckled.

"On a serious note, what are you going to do when you see him?" He asked as I cocked my head to the side.

"Depends on who we are talking about." I said as his eyes saddened.

"What are my options? Madara or him..."

"(Y/N)... He...uh," he let out of a soft sigh.
"Obito." He replied flatly making me frown.

"Oh him?" I said as I took a deep breath.
"I'm not so sure..." I replied softly, swallowing the lump in my throat.
"I'll talk to him... I'll try to get him back..."

"(Y/N)..."

"Obito was a good guy. I still believe he can be." I said in a monotoned voice.
"He was- he is my comrade. If I can't help him, then maybe..." I trailed off.
"No, I'll get him to understand."

"He's too far gone."

"I'll get him to understand." I stated blankly.
"That's final." I said as I sat on the ground.

"Okay..." Karda said softly as I rested my chin on my knees.

We sat there and talked for a few hours until we were interrupted in mid conversation by Konan who brought some food.

"We lost two more members of the Akatsuki." She said, as I smirked.

"Great!" I said excitedly.
"Please tell me it was tuna the talking tubbie and that troublesome leader of yours." I said as she sighed.