Is This Goodbye?

Everyone was so happy for their new friend and hoped to see her again and spent some more time with her and her prince.

"So, that was that. What do we do now?" Buck asked.

"Well, I don't know. Let me think," Maggie said.

Suddenly, everybody heard a strange sound and looked behind them. A large pillar of light and magical energy appeared from the skies and shot on the ground. Everybody covered their eyes from the light, and then the pillar disappeared, leaving a strange big symbol on the ground.

"What is that?" Becky asked.

"I don't know," Mrs. Calloway said.

"Me, neither," Doc said.

Maggie slowly approached it and took a closer look at the symbol that was glowing with a bright light. It was the same symbol from the cover of the Book of Disney.

"This could be it. This could be our way back home. Back to Patch of Heaven," she said.

"Really?" Grace asked.

"That's wonderful," Becky said.

"Wait. So you can go home now? This is goodbye?" Doc asked.

Mrs. Calloway looked at the dwarf leader and said, "I'm afraid it is."

The dwarfs looked down with a hint that they were sad.

"Why the long faces? It's not really goodbye," Maggie said.

"Maggie is right. We need to go home, but we'll find a way to see you again," Grace said.

"You will?" Doc asked.

The animals nodded. "When we first arrived in this world, let me be honest, I was completely surprised and afraid we would never get home. But now I'm happy that we came here. Especially with the people we've met; Snow White, Florian, Humbert, and you guys," Maggie said.

The dwarfs smiled when they heard that last part. Mrs. Calloway looked at Grumpy for a moment and giggled a little. "You know, Grumpy, you remind me of someone I know back in Patch of Heaven."

Grumpy was a little confused at first, but then he smiled. Mrs. Calloway was referring to Jeb the goat since he was as grumpy as the dwarf himself.

"We had a great time, didn't we?" Sleepy said.

"We sure did. Especially on that party," Lucky Jack chuckled.

"Hey, Maggie. You were great that day. Sending me to run up the mountain and pounce on the Queen. What a brilliant idea," Happy said.

"Aw, shucks. You were pretty amazing, too," Maggie said and hugged Happy, who gladly accepted it.

"I can't believe that we have to say goodbye now," said Bashful, who was talking to Grace.

"No. It's not goodbye. We'll meet again, Bashful. I promise," Grace said, trying to cheer up her dwarf friend. "But would you do me one favor?"

"Anything, Grace," the dwarf said.

"Will you and the others take good care of Snow White while we're gone?"

"You can count on us," Bashful said with a smile.

"Thank you," Grace said and hugged Bashful, who began to turn red again.

"Ooooooooh, goooooosh!" he chuckled, which made Grace giggle as well.

Meanwhile, Mrs. Calloway was talking with Sneezy.

"I hope you won't have too much trouble with that hay fever of yours, Sneezy. I wish I brought something to make it less worse," the black cow said.