Animal Friends

Snow White and Grace couldn't help but cry because of this nightmare. The other animals were huddling close together, wishing that the nightmare would end. None of them knew that they were still surrounded by eyes. But those eyes were different. A family of bunnies and chipmunks appeared out of a hole and watched the cows, horse, rabbit, and the girl with curiosity and confusion. But they were not the only ones, an entire herd of forest animals appeared out of the shadows of the forest. Deers, squirrels, bunnies, chipmunks, quails, and even a few bluebirds. They all came closer towards the company, especially to the crying girl and cow.

One little bunny was more curiouser than the rest. It came closer to the girl and cow, and even sniffed at them. Snow White and Grace stood up from the ground and were a bit startled when they saw the bunny. The bunny got startled, too, and ran away with the other forest animals to their hiding spots. The other two cows, horse, and rabbit opened their eyes.

"Please, don't run away," Grace said.

With that, all the forest animals showed their heads.

"We won't hurt you," Snow White said, trying not to scare the forest animals.

"Uh, what happened? Where are all those scary trees and such?" Buck asked.

"Now, I don't even know if that was all real, but it was definitely scary," Lucky Jack said while he shook in fear.

"It's okay, Jack. Maybe it was just our imagination," Mrs. Calloway said.

"If that's true, then I guess we scared these little fellers," Maggie said.

"We're awfully sorry. We didn't mean to frighten you. But you don't know what we've been through," Snow White said as more of the forest animals took the courage to show themselves. "And all because we were afraid."

"It was so frightening. I never want to deal with that again," Grace said.

"Me, neither," Buck said while rocking.

"I didn't know you were scared about that whole ordeal." Maggie smirked at him.

"Me? What about you? I was totally not scared," Buck said with a cocky attitude.

"Says the horse that told us to 'run'," Maggie said with a raised eyebrow.

"Touché," Buck said.

"Maybe we were overreacting and let our imagination get the best of us," Mrs. Calloway said.

A familiar little bluebird flew from its nest to another branch.

"Oh, I'm so ashamed of the fuss I've made," Snow White said.

"So am I," Grace said. "And I sure hope Humbert will be all right when he faces the Queen again."

"Don't worry, Grace. Humbert sounds like a smart guy. He knows what he does," Maggie said with a smile.

"When things go bad, it's best not to think of the worst. We've got to think positively," Mrs. Calloway said to both Grace and Snow White.

The parents of the little bird flew at its side.

"What do you do when things go wrong?" Snow White asked the birds.

The adult birds twittered beautifully. Like they were singing.

"Oh! You sing a song!" Snow White said with a smile while clapping her hands with delight.

"What a good idea," Grace said with a smile.

"Wait a minute. Snow White can talk to forest animals, too?" Buck asked.

Grace nodded at Buck's question. The mouths of the newcomers went wide open.