Ch. 35 Meetings

I was about to ask when we would have a confirmed answer on who my father was when my phone rang. I sighed answering it.

"Hello," I said leaning against the wall.

"Ash, I need you to attend a meeting today about Frank. We are going to announce to the coven the plans we have to honor him," Greg said as I felt my smile grow.

"Of course. I'll be right there just text me the address," I told him firmly.

"Thank you and the meeting is going to be at the compound," Greg said hanging up.

"I need Frank and Tyler to come with me," I said to Blake who smirked. "If you feel safe you can come as well but I think just humans would be better."

"I'll stay in the shadows outside the building with backup if you need it," Blake said as I nodded. I gave Blake the address before I went to get Frank.

"Frank, it's time to show face," I said as he got up. He smiled at me before following me out of the room.

"Ashley," Blake walked over to me handing me an ear piece. I put it in knowing that once in, no one would notice it. I wasn't the only one given an ear piece Frank and Tyler also were given one. "In case you need information or I need information during the meeting." I smiled at him before exiting the building with Tyler and Frank. Frank had a hoodie on so it would be easier to sneak him into the compound. We walked three wide down the sidewalk.

We reached the building entering together. I carefully hid Frank from the receptionists direct view as we waltzed deeper into the hunter compound. We rode in silence up to the office. I entered the room to see every upper level hunter from the organization.

"Ashley, thank you for coming," Greg said kissing my cheek. I gave him a smile before I broke the news.

"I hope you don't mind I brought a friend," I said stepping aside motioning to Frank. Frank stepped forward pulling his hood down sending a wave of shocked gasps through the room. I smirked as Greg sputtered in disbelief unsure what to say. "What were we supposed to discuss again?"

"Funeral arrangements. Mine apparently," Frank said staring at Greg with anger. If Frank could kill Greg with a look Greg would have combusted in flames already.

"Frank you're alive," Greg said as Frank scowled.

"You knew that, you just didn't care. Ashley cared more about my safety than my own brother! Heck a vampire showed more kindness than you," Frank growled at Greg. "They nursed me back to health after the battle while you told them to kill me!"

"That's a great story but what I want to know is how Ashley knew about you," Greg snapped harshly.

"I unlike the hunters in this room don't follow orders blindly. I don't see all vampires as monsters and in fact the only monster I see right now is you Greg. You ordered my mother's death," I spat with sad angry tears glistening in my icy gaze. I refused to let a single tear fall as I looked at Greg's unapologetic eyes.

"She killed..." I cut Greg off before he could finish his lie.

"She was still human when you ordered the hit Greg, she hadn't hurt a single person yet!" I growled. "You also claimed to have no idea about my true lineage and yet it was in my mother's file that I was her child." Within seconds of that statement Greg drew his weapon pointing it at me.

"Yes I did order her death," he said simply. "And everyone in here knew."

"Greg put it away," Frank said putting himself in front of me.

"You three are under arrest for treason," Greg started and by that point the alarm had gone off signaling the fact that vampires had accessed the building. Greg looked at me as I smirked.

"You thought I'd come without backup!" I spat before the fight broke out in the room. Some of the hunters on our side but most were against us. I drew a weapon of my own firing a round at Greg.

I split off from Frank and Tyler as we all took a person in the room to fight. I took out two hunters in front of me before I felt a bullet rip through my left arm. I cried out but kept shooting at the hunters. I ignored the chaos of vampires and hunters alike dying as I searched for Greg. I caught sight of him rushing out of the room. "I'm going after Greg." I said to those wearing ear pieces.

"No, don't," Tyler said but I raced from the room.

"I got her," Frank said before he raced after me. I rounded a corner only to feel a sharp pain in my abdomen. Embedded in my flesh was a knife. I felt Greg pull me into his arms as he simultaneous pulled the knife out of my stomach, placing the sharp blade onto my neck. He dragged me back into the room where the fighting was happening calling out over the chaos.

"Everyone stop!" Greg yelled and slowly the vampires stopped fighting once they noticed the blade pressing against my neck millimeters from cutting my flesh.

"Greg. Let her go," Frank said as Greg laughed.

"Why should I? You took Crystal from me!" Greg spat. "The least I could do is take away the product of that union." Greg yelled as my breath caught in my chest. I saw the shock in Frank's eyes at that statement. "That's right little brother. Ashley is your daughter. The product of your affair with my fiancé who refused to even look at me because I wasn't you!"

"Greg. If your problem is with me take it up with me but Ashley is innocent to all this. Ashley didn't choose this," Frank pleaded but I knew Greg wasn't going to let me leave alive. I made a choice as I elbowed Greg causing him to release me. His blade caused a small cut on my neck but it wasn't deep. I collapsed onto the floor as bullets flew into Greg. He dropped to the floor with a thud. His blue eyes stared blankly forward with blood spilling all over the floor. Spots floated across my vision as the battle ensued once again. It took seconds before darkness consumed me completely. The last thing I felt was someone picking me up.