Ch. 17 My Father

[A/N] sorry I had major writers block plus I'm working on a new story I plan on putting up soon and another story that I want to get published. Updates will probably continue to be irregular, I'm really sorry but I will try my best to update more.

I walked with Tyler to Blake's apartment. Tyler was still hesitant to trust Blake but he followed my judgment and agreed to work with him. We entered the apartment as Blake stared at Tyler before his gaze shifted to me. Blake analyzed my face rapidly. He saw the determined look in my eyes as it mixed with my anger.

"She had the audacity to say lying was the right thing to do," I said coolly as Blake wrapped his arms around me trying to soothe my emotions. I let his touch dull the anger but only slightly. I knew there was nothing anyone could do to calm the rage crackling through me.

"Hands off the wife," Tyler said after a few moments. I rolled my eyes glancing at Ty as Blake and I separated. Jealousy was unnecessary in this situation.

"Believe me. It's weird to date your mother's boyfriend even if he is immortal," I said with a smirk. Even though Tyler's jealousy was annoying I found his jealousy cute at the same time.

"So you learned the truth?" Blake asked as I nodded my blue eyes flashing with anger.

"I learned everything except who my father is," I said softly as my mind searched for any clue about who he was. I brushed off the thoughts before I continued to speak. "I'll help you."

"I will help you as well. I plan on tracking your father down even if it takes another lifetime," Blake said as I nodded. I felt grateful for Blake's support but I knew he was doing this for my mother because he still loves her. Love like their's does just die.

"I hate her," I said softly as Tyler gripped my hand gently. "She took not only you from me but also hid my own mother from me. She hurt so many because of her misguided views."

"She won't get away with this," Tyler said his lips pressing against my temple trying to take the pain away. I leaned into Tyler's touch as his arm wrapped around my waist. I pulled out of his embrace as my cellphone vibrated in my pocket. My 'mother' was the one calling. My heart hardened in my chest knowing she couldn't give me space.

"What?!" I snapped angrily not willing to hide my anger anymore.

"Please come back. I'm sorry I lied but I thought I was doing the right thing," she pleaded as the anger turned to rage inside of me. The more anger I felt the clearer my actions seemed. I needed her to believe that I may forgive her if I was ever going to find out who my father is. She is the only one who might know and also the only one who could stop me from finding out.

"You should have let me see her before she turned. I deserved that much," I said weakly to mask the emotions swirling in my body.

"I can't change the past but please don't let the past dictate your actions," she begged as I locked my jaw.

"That isn't your choice to make," I hung up as the anger flowed through me.

"I take it your fake Mom called," Blake said as I nodded.

"She is clearly scared how I'm going to react to this new knowledge," I said flatly as Tyler watched me. I think detaching myself from my emotions worried Tyler.

"She should be," Blake smirked as I sighed.

"I have no idea how we are going to take her down though," I muttered.

"What if we go back undercover like before? We might get a better idea how to hurt them the most from the inside while you can also protect the vampires," Tyler said as I sighed.

"I guess but we might wind up playing a real long game," I murmured frustration leaking into my voice. Blake nodded in agreement as him and Tyler began to work toward a common goal.

"A long game, not ideal but that should work," Blake said as I sat down on the couch. I hid the anger and pain as I sat there. The pain stemming from the loss of a parent I never knew and anger from the betrayal my fake mother caused. Tyler sat beside me his arm draped around me as if he sensed the masked emotions.

"Should we head back and if so how?" Tyler asked cautiously.

"I'll give you a vampire to bring in," Blake chimed in as I nodded.

"Let's go. The sooner we get there the better," I said getting to my feet. I just wanted this to end. Blake leaned against the wall as he texted one of his guys to meet Tyler and me at the truck. I gave Blake a quick hug before pulling Tyler from the apartment.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Tyler asked me softly. "There is no turning back if we do this."

"She can't keep ruining lives. She hurts people without any reason," I said firmly as he sighed.

"Fine," he said his eyes filled with irritation. He didn't agree with my decision at all. Deciding it was best to ignore his displeasure I continued toward our apartment. We finished our walk in a tense silence neither of us willing to say what was on our minds but both of us knowing we should. We entered the apartment grabbing out hunting gear before walking back outside. We wasted no time in locating the vampire sacrifice. I greeted the vampire politely before injecting her. We tossed her into the back of the truck driving to another headquarter.

"State your name and business," a guard said as I rolled down the passenger window leaning my head out.

"Ashley Walsh dropping off a vamp," I yelled before rolling the window back up. The guards opened the gate allowing Tyler to drive in. His eyes still held anger but I ignored him as I climbed out. My 'mother' stood by some guards as I walked over pulling the vampire out and onto the ground injecting the vampire a second time.

"Why are you helping?" She asked as my angry glare met hers.

"Just because we are fighting doesn't mean I would let this monster run around hurting people!" I snapped as the guards dragged the vampire away.

"Ashley," she said stepping toward me but I stepped back.

"You don't get to do that," I said tears streaking my cheeks. "You don't get to play mother when you hid my entire life from me." With that I got into the truck Tyler driving us out of the compound.