Ch. 31 The Raid

I woke the next day pulling on black pants and a tank top throwing a black leather jacket on. I grabbed a few stakes and a couple crosses before exiting the apartment with Tyler following me. We rode to the meeting point a few blocks away. I climbed out of the car as the hunters faced me. One stepped towards me offering his hand.

"I'm Frank Marks," He said as shock filled me.

"Any relation to Greg?" I asked as he smirked his blue eyes glancing at me.

"Yeah, he's my brother," he said simply. "He asked me to come assist you and potential take over if things go sideways." I hadn't known Greg had a brother which was surprising.

"Glad for the help but we should probably start going," I said firmly, my cross gripped in my left and a stake in my dominant right hand. He nodded in agreement as we all walked together towards the building.

"Stay close to me," Frank said with concern in his eyes. I rolled my eyes but smiled at his concern for me. We rushed inside to find all of the high up vampires waiting. What was Blake doing? In an instant chaos broke out as the hunters and I rushed into the building. I wasn't sure what was happening but I knew that I didn't have much choice about how I handled everything. If I didn't stake any vampires I would basically be outing myself as an enemy. I staked a small few vampires, only the ones who had attacked me. I rushed past most of the fighting breaking away from Frank. I raced up to where I knew Blake's office was. I kicked the door open to find ten vampires ready to pounce with Blake in the middle.

"Ash," He said as I glared at him.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I demanded as he looked into my eyes.

"Showing the hunters not to mess with me," he said fire blazing in his black eyes. That comment brought a wave of anger at his massive ego that would bring several needless deaths.

"Blake you do understand that the hunters will beat all your vampires," I said firmly. "And I can't hold back."

"I know," he said seconds before launching me across the room my head bouncing off the wall. I gasped in pain before dark spots filled my vision. It didn't take long for me to slip into unconsciousness.
---
I woke up to the sound of a machine beeping. I peeled my eyes open seeing the bright white walls of what appeared to be a hospital room. I shifted wincing as I sat up. My shoulder was wrapped and I had an IV in my hand.

"Ash," Tyler said as he stood from a chair. He walked over to me with pain in his eyes. "What happened?"

"Blake threw me across the room," I said bitterly. I had no idea what Blake was thinking. Maybe he wanted me out of the picture while he fought with the hunters. I have no idea why Blake threw me so carelessly but I would find out.

"Are you serious?" Tyler gasped as I nodded. "You're lucky you didn't get more hurt."

"I need to get out of here," I said forcing myself out of bed ignoring my body's protest.

"Ash you need rest!" He said loudly but I continued pulling on my clothes. I needed to call Blake and I couldn't do that here.

"I don't have time for that," I said before walking out of the room. I signed a form that would allow me to leave. I rushed down the stairs and out of the hospital with Tyler sticking close to me. Once outside I called Blake.

"Hello," Blake said casually as if he hadn't done anything to me. Anger flashed in my eyes at his total lack of concern for my wellbeing.

"Don't hello me. What the hell was that?" I snapped harshly.

"I needed you out of play. I am sorry, I didn't mean to throw you so hard," he said softly. I frowned still pissed but I pushed that aside.

"What did you do?" I asked him as calmly as I could manage but bitterness was evident in my voice.

"I took something close to Greg," Blake said as Frank's face flashed through my mind.

"What are you going to do to him?" I asked. I wanted to know if the man who was kind would be seriously hurt just to harm his brother.

"Kill him if Greg doesn't do anything," Blake growled. I froze but knew that Blake wasn't going to change his mind for me.

"I'll go back to the compound and see what impact you had. In the future don't attack me," I said sharply before hanging up. I walked down the street knowing we were a few blocks from the compound. Tyler ran to keep up with me. I entered the compound as the receptionist gasped before calling for a person who I assumed to be Greg.

"Ash, slow down," Tyler said as I whipped around to face him.

"I can't," I said firmly my blue eyes filled with every emotion I felt including determination.

"Ash," Greg called my attention away from Tyler. Greg rushed towards me glancing at me in an effort to check for wounds.

"I'm fine, how many losses?" I questioned as Greg's face fell.

"At least ten dead and the rest were very injured," he said as I stared at him in disbelief. I wasn't going to cry over dead hunters but for the total to be so high didn't make sense.

"What of your brother?" I asked as he frowned.

"He died," he said as I looked at him knowing what he said wasn't true but feigning sympathy.

"Oh Greg," I muttered pulling him into a hug as best I could with my injuries. "I promise we will get them, his death will mean something!"

"Thanks, it means a lot," Greg said before I went to my apartment in the compound with Tyler trailing behind me.