Ch. 9 Trouble

I put my phone in my pocket as I pushed Tyler from my mind. I got to my feet walking into the kitchen. I grabbed a blood bag filling a cup up. I drank the liquid quickly washing the dishes. The front door swung open as Blake walked into the apartment. He wrapped his arms around my waist as I faced him.

"Hey," I said before his lips met mine. A warmth spread across my body as his lips lapped at mine.

"My sweet," he grinned as my mind drifted back to Tyler. I hated that I couldn't focus on the amazing man in front of me. Blake didn't deserve this but here I was thinking of another man who I couldn't have. I found a burst of courage as I looked into Blake's eyes.

"How many resources do you have?" I asked him abruptly. I didn't want to ask him but I knew I needed closure to move on.

"A lot. Why?" He asked as I pondered how to tell him what I want.

"Do they reach really far?" I asked him softly instead of answering his question.

"Yes I have people everywhere in the world. Why are you asking questions about my contacts?" Blake asked as I took a shaky unneeded breath. I walked away from him a few paces before I faced him trying to buy time. I searched for the right words and how to say it without hurting Blake.

"I want to try and locate Tyler," I blurted as my nerves gripped me tightly. Blake's eyes went from questioning to confused then angry.

"Why would you want to find him after everything he has done?!" Blake yelled as I reached for him. He stepped away from me as tears pooled in my dark eyes. I stopped moving toward him as he glared at me.

"I need to get over him so I can love you," I whimpered as he clenched his fists. I saw the pain in his eyes as the words tumbled out my mouth. Guilt filled my body as I looked at Blake.

"What more does he have to do to get you to forget him!" Blake snapped making me flinch. Blake was filled with pain and anger and the more I said the worse it got.

"I need to talk to him. I need the truth Blake," I murmured as he stared at me with hate in his eyes. "I'm sorry if this hurts you but I'm going crazy not knowing what happened to Tyler."

"I love you Ashley and all you talk about is Tyler," Blake said his voice suddenly void of emotion.

"Blake I care about you so much. Please help me," I muttered as he stared at me with rage swimming in his gaze.

"I won't stop you but I don't want to be involved Ash," he snapped harshly. "If you can't move on from him, that's your fault. A guy can only take so much!" His words ripped through me adding to the growing guilt I felt.

"Blake I'm sorry but I need to figure out why he faked his death. Please," I pleaded as he turned away from me.

"For the first time in over a decade I found love in you Ashley. I can't believe you would ask me to help you find Tyler," Blake said irritation lacing his voice.

"If you were me wouldn't you want to know why your entire life was flipped upside down?" I demanded as he looked toward me.

"I wouldn't have changed how I lived my life because he died," Blake said as tears streaked my cheeks. How could he be so heartless about this? Maybe what I was asking was too much from Blake. Maybe I was the heartless one in the relationship. I wasn't asking Blake to find Tyler so we could break up I was asking to prevent our inevitable end. I needed to forget Tyler so I could let myself fall in love with Blake but Blake refused to help me. "I think you should leave."

"So everything you said to me you didn't mean?" I asked as anger rushed through me. I told Blake I loved Tyler the day I found out he was alive and Blake promised he would love me and here he was kicking me out of his apartment. I calmed the rage flowing through me before speaking again. I didn't want to lose Blake but here I was pushing him away in anger. I knew I wasn't being completely fair to Blake. "I am trying to get over Tyler but you can't just forget someone overnight especially when you recently found out they didn't die in a horrific accident. Blake I am struggling and this isn't helping the situation. Please don't make me leave."

"How can you stay when the man you love is out there somewhere?" Blake asked coolly silencing my protest. I had gotten so close with Blake before I learned about Tyler and I knew Blake was correct in his assessment, I loved Tyler. Losing someone to an accident and knowing the relationship wasn't working were two very different things. A break up you can get over but thinking someone died you can't get over that. I wiped the tears off my face as I looked at the man who loved me. I wanted to stay here but knew I couldn't at least not yet. I walked toward him pressing my lips to his cheek firmly before I walked away from him. I left the apartment stepping onto the sidewalk. I had no idea what to do now. I had nowhere to go and I couldn't go back to my own apartment. I leaned against the building getting ahold of my spiraling emotions. I decided to go back to my apartment to talk to my sister. I couldn't stay at my apartment but I needed my sister right now. My sister might have a few ideas where to start and as long as I didn't tell her about vampires she would be safe.