Beware of Strangers

Start from the beginning

They each took a plate of the fresh batch. Of course, the cows, horse, and rabbit knew about pancakes, but to Snow White and the dwarfs, it was a new experience. Snow White took the first bite and her eyes went wide in wonder.

"Say, this is delicious," Snow White said.

When the dwarfs heard that, they quickly grabbed their forks and started to eat.

"My compliments, Lucky Jack. Does it come from your world?" Doc asked.

"They sure are," Lucky Jack said.

"These pancakes really are delicious," Sneezy said.

"It makes me smile even more," Happy said.

Grumpy also took a careful bite and he got the same reaction like when he tasted the soup.

"I'm glad y'all like them, 'cause I'm making some more," Lucky Jack said.

"Hooray!" the dwarfs yelled.

"So, what are you guys gonna do after breakfast?" Buck asked.

"Well, we have to go back to the mine to dig more jewels. We need to do our work," Bashful answered.

"What kind of jewels?" Mrs. Calloway asked with intrest

"Oh, the usual. Diamonds and rubies," Happy said.

Mrs. Calloway's eyes sparkled like diamonds when she heard that. Everyone looked at her in confusion.

Then the black cow snapped out of it and cleared her throat. "Pardon me. Um... And what do you do with those?"

"Actually, we don't know why we dig 'em for. We just keep digging for them," Sleepy explained.

"Well, maybe you could use some to pay for food and such things or sell them in exchange for money," Maggie advised.

"That's... Not a bad idea, actually. We keep a few and then use some for things that we need. Why didn't I think of that before?" Doc said.

The other dwarfs nodded, but Grumpy had no reaction on that.

"Gee, I wonder why," Grumpy said sarcastically.

"Oh, I would love to see the mine with all those diamonds," Mrs. Calloway said.

"And if you'd like, we can help you," Lucky Jack advised.

"Are you sure, folks? I mean, working in the mine isn't something for you. It's very hard work," Doc said.

"Gimme a break. Do you know how many bad guys I can fight in one day?" Buck asked.

"And I'm kind of an expert in jewels. Lucky Jack and I can help you find them easily," Mrs. Calloway said.

"I would love to come, too. And maybe Buck and Grace, too," Maggie said.

"Um, actually, I think I wanna stay with Snow White to watch over the cottage," Grace said.

"Are you sure?" Mrs. Calloway asked.

Grace nodded. "I can help Snow White with some things and she wouldn't be all alone."

Snow White smiled and petted her head. "Oh, thank you."

"All right, then. Anyone else?" Mrs. Calloway said.

"I don't see anything else I can do around here, so count me in," Buck said.

Doc looked at the animals. "Very well, then. Thank you for your support."

"Then what are we waiting for? Patch of Heaven miners are on duty!" Maggie said.

When they finished breakfast, the dwarfs and the animals, who wanted to come with them, were ready to leave while Snow White and Grace stayed in the cottage. The other forest animals were sleeping outside, and when they heard the door, they walked away. Mrs. Calloway, Grace, Snow White, and Doc were the first to step out. Mrs. Calloway inhaled the fresh air.