Chapter 29

Chapter 29
Alex's P.O.V

"James!" I say laughing. "What are you doing?" I ask.

He has me blind folded and he's leading me into my own living room I'm pretty sure.

"Ready?" he asks.

"Yeah. should I be nervous?" he had me dress all nice for tonight and I'm trying to figure out why.

He chuckles at my confusion as he pulls off the blindfold and I can see. It's like waking up in the morning and you turn on the light. It's too bright at first. I see a person sized shape sitting at the table and as my vision starts to clear, I can see who it is.

"Oh my god! Carrie??!!! is that really you?!" I say as I run at her.

I hug her so tight and I don't want to let her go. I talk to her on the phone and text her all the time but it's not like seeing her in person.

"I missed you so much!" she said.

"I missed you too!"

"Okay. So I made a special dinner for tonight, with a little help from Carrie." James said.

I didn't even look at him once he took the blindfold off. I look at him now and see that he's wearing a suit and a tie.

"A little?" Carrie says.

"Okay.... a lot of help." he says and we all laugh a little.

He puts the food on the table and it looks so good. Mashed potatoes, bacon, Corn on the cob, fried chicken, all of my favorite foods.

We started to eat and I don't know why he had me dress up all nice. We weren't going out anywhere and I spilled all over myself too.

"Come on." he says when we finish eating. He grabs my hand and we all get in the car and start driving.

I was talking with Carrie the whole car ride to wherever we were going. And finally James stopped the car and got out.

We were in the middle of nowhere. There were fields all around us. And I'm pretty sure I see a corn maze over there. Carrie said she was going to wait in the car.

We started walking through the corn maze.

"Why are we here?" I ask after probably about 10 minutes of walking.

"Because." He says. "When I get lost, I know you can find me. When we get lost I know we're together. When I'm sad you cheer me up, and I've never felt this way about anyone. And I don't ever want to walk away from that feeling. I want to have it for the rest of my life. I want to have you for the rest of my life." He pauses and gets down on one knee. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes!" I say. "Yes!" he puts the engagement ring on my finger and stands up to kiss me.

"I love you." I say to him.

"I love you too." He says as we start to walk again.