Chapter 27

Chapter 27
Alex's P.O.V

I miss James so much. I know it's only a few days, but I don't really have any other friends.

I could call my best friend from back home. We went to college together and we were roommates.

Her name is Carrie. She's really nice and pretty. And maybe she can meet James while she's there!

I'll call him and tell him to go meet her!

•••

James's P.O.V

I'm at the table with Carrie laughing and talking and my phone rings.

It's Alex! I still get chills when she calls me.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey. So I have a really good friend there named Carrie. You should meet her sometime. She's been dying to meet you."

I cant tell her I already met her. Then Alex would ask how we met, and what we were gonna do before she told us to meet and blah blah blah.

"Yeah cool! text me her address and I'll go see if she's home."

We hung up after saying I love you and I love you too. And then she texted me the address even though I don't need it.

Carrie said she would help me pick out a ring and so we went and that's what we did!

She was so excited. chatting all the way there. She helped me pick out a gold plated ring with a small white diamond.

I asked Carrie to drive back with me so Alex would be surprised and ask why she's there. Then I would say, hopefully here to help plan our wedding if you say yes.

Then she'd be all omg and hopefully say yes as I pull out the ring and put it on her finger and we live happily ever after.

I finished packing my stuff in my car I haven't seen in forever. Carrie had her bags packed and we started driving back.

We took turns driving while the other person slept. or we would talk. I couldn't tell who was more excited about the proposal me or her.

After a LONG drive that felt kind of short because of the funny stories Carrie had to tell, and the conversations and sleeping, it felt like only an hour!

When we pulled into the driveway I stepped out of the car and took a deep breath.

Finally home.