Chapter 11

Chapter 11
James's P.O.V

I knew it wouldn't work. I knew we would break up about something stupid. But now I still have Caitlyn. She is a great girlfriend. She's nice, beautiful, a great cook, just everything I am looking for. But the only thing that gets to me, is when she talks about marriage.

She's always saying stuff like,"when we get married, we're gonna have a house like this." whenever we drive past a nice house. And she says she doesn't want any kids! what kind of person wants no kids?! I want 2 kids. Preferably 1 boy and 1 girl. I would name the boy Jackson, and the girl Alex.

And it's not like I picked Alex's name for my daughter because I still like her a little. I mean, I'm 24 now. And I have a nice girlfriend. But it still doesn't feel whole. I feel like if I at least have a closure with Alex it will be all better.

Hey! that's a good idea! if I have a closure with Alex I can have my full relationship with Caitlyn! I hope she still lives in California. I decided to call her. I kept her number in my phone all these years. Just in case. And now I'm gonna use it.

•••

After about an hour of debating with myself if I should do this, I did. I went to the contact that read Alex and clicked call.

It rang once.

It rang twice.

It rang a third time.

It rang a fourth time.

Maybe she's not gonna answer. This was stupid. I was stupid..

"Hello?"

Oh my god she answered!

"Hi. Is this Alex?"

"Yes. And who is this?"

"Um.. it's James."

I heard shuffling in the background, and a door closing.

"James? is it really you?"

"Yeah. Look. I need to talk to you about something really important."

"Okay..."

"And I need to talk to you about it in person. Are you still in California?"

"No. I moved into a house in New York with a few friends. Why do you need to talk to me in person."

"Please Alex, it's really important. Do you really think I would call you 6 years after graduation if it wasn't important? I really need to talk to you. Can you come down to Cali this weekend?"

"I don't know if that's a good idea...."

"Please! I'll pay for your plane ticket, you can stay in my spare bedroom."

"I can't go, but you can come to New York. You would have to sleep on the couch. is that okay?"

"Yeah! anything."

She gave me her address and I was off to New York this weekend. It took some time to explain to Caitlyn. I told her I was meeting up with some of my high school friends that she never met. She asked a few questions about them that I lied about, but finally she let me go.

And I am in New York.

I walk into the airport and see people holding up signs with names on them. I look until I find the one that says James on it. And I saw who was holding it. It was Alex.

She had grown taller, she was a perfect size, and she was even prettier then I remembered. She had longer hair, and glasses that looked so good.

I ran over and brought he into a big bear hug. She hesitantly hugged me back.

"I missed you Alex."

"I missed you too James. Now come on, let's get to my car before it gets towed."

We both laughed and walked out to her car. And I felt happy and tingly.

______________________________

Thanks for reading! VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW, AND KEEP READING! :)