//30//

blood was a heavy taste in his mouth.

his knuckles were sore and bleeding, feeling shattered.

he felt like he was being tossed around like a ragged doll.

he felt his vision cloud- not with tears. but with anger.

his heart pounding angrily against his chest; who cared about who he liked? why did that matter so much?

how was that fair?

why was he being singled out?

why did they think it was so wrong?

why did he feel like the world was turning on him?

why did he feel wrong?

why was it so important?

hwang hyunjin tried not to bite his tongue again, cautious that if he were to get pushed again he could potentially bite it off this time.

"well are you? huh?" one of the voices jarred, cutting deep into his head.

hyunjin held back- god he held back so hard.

he concentrated on the black concrete under his palms.

it felt like all was lost until a familiar voice broke into the teasing.

"just leave him alone, come on get out."

hyunjin sourly smiled, even if he felt the taste of metal worsen.

it was his savior.

it felt like only seconds then he was being helped up to his feet.

"hold back hyunjin." minho didn't know what had happened.

he didn't know why it happened, but he didn't have to know.

he smiled kindly at hyunjin, who did the same. his breath coming out hard as if he'd been holding it in.

lee minho;

hyunjin's savior that made him feel accepted for the thing people wanted to know so badly.

hyunjin didn't even know what he was in terms of who he liked. he didn't know if he had to worry or even think about it.

and he was scared.

hyunjin remembers this day vividly when it happened.

he remembered it, but he was sure minho didn't.

~~~

"hey sung," jae approached the blonde who was taking a slight break, sitting down on the bench in the back room.

"oh hey." jisung smiled back, sighing and fanning himself free from the heat of the break room.

"how was your day?" jae felt like something was wrong from the way jisung was slumped over, hand resting on his cheek.

jae made the decision not to ask about the bruise on jisung's face. yet it did catch his attention.

"i made a grave mistake. i asked this boy i might have feelings for if we could hang out.." jisung answered the question straight away, fearful for his shift to end.

"what? that's great man!" jae sparked, patting him firmly on the shoulder.

"no it's not! he's gonna notice how i'm acting different.. and he's gonna find out." jisung whined, forehead falling onto jae's shoulder.