Chapter Four // Breakfast with the Suicidal Maniac

''(Y/N)-Chan.'' Mori called out to get your attention. ''Hm?'' You turned to him again as he was walking towards you shuffling papers in his hand. He put on on top of the stack and examined it as he looked at you. ''I have a small mission for you.'' He smiled. ''Oh, yeah, what is it?'' You asked. ''If it's not such an inconvenience, can you assassinate this gentleman?'' He said, nonchalantly. ''Oh Uhm, actually I-I can't-'' You passed. ''What do you mean? This- This is your mission.'' Mori said smiling. ''I kind of have a meeting with Dazai and I don't want to blow my cover.'' You said, playing with your fingers. ''Did I give you an option? Oh sorry, let me rephrase that.'' He laughed. ''You will do as I say, understand?'' He dimed over you with a malicious look as you gulped and nodded as he went back to his smiley self. ''Good! Here's what he looks like and go to Chuuya or Kouyou for more background information.'' He said as he slipped you another paper. 

  You walked over and couldn't find Chuuya anywhere so you just went to Kouyou. ''Hello, Kouyou.'' You bowed. She smiled as she lifted up your chin. ''Yes blossom?'' She asked. as she closed her parasol. You handed her the paper as she examined it. ''Mori wanted me to ask you about him.'' You stated. ''Oh? Well, darling, he's a smuggler. He steals from other enemy organizations. Has he ever smuggled from us? No, but he has information about us. Information that could be used against us. As of right now, he's not a threat but we're not taking any chances. He's about in his early 30's and his name is something like Daiki Amari.'' She said, glancing at the photo still. She swiftly handed it back and smiled. ''Is that all?'' She asked. ''Ah, yes. Thanks, Kouyou-san.'' You then left, hoping to meet Dazai on time.

~Time Skip~

   Sigh.

   ''(Y/N)-Chan still isn't here.'' Dazai sighed. He impatiently tapped the table, worrying if something happened to you. He has seen a lot of terrible things happen to people he cared about, and he would be absolutely crushed if something happened to you. He rested his head on his palm and looked at the time. ''I'm going to be late for work if she doesn't come soon.''

  ''Sorry I'm late!'' You yelled across McDonald's. Some children glanced at you as other adults hugged their children to makes sure you didn't hurt them. ''(Y/N)!'' Dazai stood up from his chair, arms open wide as you swooped in and hugged him.

  ''Sorry, I was at work.'' You said. ''I thought work didn't start yet,'' Dazai said blankly. You and him both sat down. ''Well I'm on break...'' You nervous laughed. ''At 6 a.m.?'' ''Uhh, I asked if I could go out for breakfast?'' You shrugged. Good thing Dazai was in a good mood or else he would have been able to tell that you were lying; he just laughed it off. 

  ''Let's go order our food.'' Dazai suggested ''Yeah...'' You sighed as you both got up and stood in line. 

   You glared at him from behind his back. 'Why can't I seem to lie to him? Why am I not as good as acting?' You thought. It was definitely weird. You felt like he should know the truth. He has every right to now.  He is dedicating his time and care to you, but he's just an assignment. Just a job that needs to be done.

  ''What do you want?'' He asked as he smiled at you. ''Uh, chicken nuggets?'' You sighed. ''At 6 a.m.?! I thought I was crazy!'' Dazai laughed smiled at you again. You felt your heart melt as he showed you his precious smile. You laughed because he was just so adorable. You glanced out the window as Dazai began to order. You saw a man in a black hoodie look around. He had frizzy brown hair and deep chocolate-colored eyes. He had a mark on his eyebrow and one ear piercing. He then proceeded to lift up his hood and tighten it with the hoodie strings. It was him. It was Daiki. Daiki Amari. The man you needed to assassinate. How were you going to do it when Dazai was near? ''(Y/N)-chan, what kind of sauces do you want?'' Dazai glanced over at you as you began to start walking out the door. ''(Y/N)?''

  Daiki walked towards a sidewalk, looking paranoid and in a rush. You pushed open the door and started walking towards him. ''Hey! Daiki! Daiki Amari!'' You yelled. He looked a behind him and his eyes widened. He started running then to sprinting away as his hood fell down. You walked faster then started chasing after him. ''Hey! Come back here!'' You yelled. 

  You have always kept your cover so it was harder doing this in public. You got closer and closer to Daiki as you then tackled him to the ground. ''G-GET OFF ME!'' He squirmed around as people stared at you and him. You looked around to see everyone taking pictures and gasping. ''YOU-YOU CRAZY MAFIA MEMBER!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHO YOU'RE MESSING WITH!'' Daiki yelled, alerting other pedestrians. ''Is he for real?'' ''Is she really with the mafia?'' ''What is she doing?'' ''Where are the cops when you need them?'' Bystanders were asking. You got closer to him as you whispered, ''Shining''. That summoned your ability and made Daiki blind for about a day. You then pulled him up off the ground. ''Everybody stay out of the way!'' You yelled with aggression in your tone. People then moved out of the way as you were holding Daiki by the hood. He stumbled and tripped over almost everything. ''You don't think I know about you?! You used your ability on me, (Y/N) (L/N)!'' You quickly turned him around and kneeled him in the stomach as he spit all over the place. ''Shut up, you don't know what you're talking about...'' He clenched his stomach obviously in pain.

  ''(Y/N)?'' He opened the door looking for you. 'He can't see me with Daiki!' You panicked and so you threw him in a nearby ditch before Dazai could see anything. ''Huh, convenient ditch.'' You shrugged. Dazai ran towards you with your chicken nuggets. ''I didn't know what sauces you wanted, so I got you all of them-'' Dazai said as he lifted up a paper McDonalds bag. You laughed as Daiki became to complain. ''OOWWW!! MY ARM-'' You then started to kick rocks in the ditch, signifying him to shut up. ''Huh? What was that??'' Dazai asked. You couldn't come up with a very good lie. You could always find a way out of any situation with the perfect lie, but at last, your mind was fuzzy. ''Uhm, nothing!! We should probably go inside now!!'' You put your hands up and gently pushed Dazai. ''You wouldn't lie to me, would you?'' Dazai asked. He was definitely getting on to you. ''You've been acting really suspicious lately...'' he added. ''I-I will always tell you the truth-'' You're pupils immediately got larger as you looked deeply in Dazai's chocolate eyes. Saying that only made it harder to lie. ''Alright then, I believe you.'' He sighed. He checked the time as he smiled weakly. ''I have to get to work. Sorry, this wasn't the best date.'' He said. He turned away and left. 

  You're heart immediately sank. You thought you let down Dazai. You felt bad about the whole thing. Lying to him, being late, ruining that date, and all that. You knew that he meant it as one, but, it was never official that it was a date. Daiki was rolling around. ''EHHH!! Could you get me out of here??? I can't see you mafia bitch!!'' He yelled. You dragged it out. ''I'm going to enjoy watching you die.'' You whispered in his ear. You could hear his heartbeat from there and his loud gulp. You threw him in the back seat of your car and shut the door. You wrestled him as you put a gag in his mouth. You made it so he couldn't make any sound. You started driving to the mafia building.

~✿✿✿~

SORRY, THIS CHAPTER TOOK SO LONG I WAS DOING STUFF! SORRY AGAIN!

Word Count: 1389