♟ Chapter 27 ♟

Start from the beginning

"Show some mercy to my eardrums, kitten." I stopped as I noticed the car coming to a halt.

"I am no kitten of yours."

I unstrapped the seatbelt and tried to open the door but I couldn't. I glanced at the door's lock and saw that the door was on the child's lock. I scowled and whirled my head to glare at Xanthos.

"Could you unlock my door?" I asked whilst glowing at him.

"Nope!"

"Why?"

"You have to tell me the reason as to why you want to get away from me." He implored with a serious look on his face.

"Reason? How can I trust and come along with you if you don't tell the golden mysteries of yours to me?" I asked him sarcastically.

He sighed in defeat. "You seriously want to know my 'golden mysteries'?"

I nodded my head. He had a contemplating expression.

"Promise me that you'll not run away from me or go in a stampede mood after I tell you?"

"Oh that's why you didn't wanna tell" I shrugged my shoulder. "If I wanted to run away from you could have done it days before."

My head throbbed as I heard a word passing through my cranium.

'Amanda'

I shook my head rapidly and tried to give my attention to Xanthos who was looking at me with concern-filled eyes.

"You okay?" I nodded my head signalling that I was alright.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just feel a slight headache building up." He hesitantly muttered an 'okay'. "Now explain to me about what I asked to you before," I demanded.

He exhaled audibly.

"Vlaxin is my demon." I sat static and blinked my eyes; trying to digest the information he poured out. The beating of my heart was now clear enough to hear for my own ears and my breathing became ragged as all my emotions ran down the drain. 

"How many souls do you've man." I asked in awe.

He closed his eyes as though he was afraid to see my expression. "I wasn't given birth by two different people. I was created by the moon goddess herself. I have the soul of a wolf and a demon in me. My human self has blessed with sorcery which my other two souls are also free to use. These were my 'golden mysteries'." He opened his eyes and gazed at me with an emotion I couldn't place my finger on. "Do you trust me now?"

I bit my lip in confusion.

He did tell me not to run after he told me the truth. My hands were still balled in fists. I was scared. However, I trust him wholeheartedly. I wasn't sure why I was trusting him.

Was it because of being mates? Or was it because of my feelings for him?

He had the soul of a demon. I should be afraid of him. Nevertheless, I didn't feel frightened by the information, anymore.

I felt like I knew him for years. The sparks when our skin comes in contact are so pleasurable. He was the first person who didn't look at me like a piece of mutt. He supported me wherever I needed him. The only time he ignored me was when he came to know I wasn't pure. Which I don't think it's unjustifiable after I came to know that we're mates.

No one had ever reckoned to ask me to move with them even after they realized I was abused by my own family members but he has.

The gentle touches, the caring gazes and the support he has been providing me made me fall for him. I feel in peace with him. I feel like I belong to him and he belongs to me.