"Get away," I growl.

"Oh, come on, Y/N," Jeongguk follows behind me. "You're being childish."

I spin around, catching him off guard as he almost bumps right into me. "I'm the childish one?"

"I thought we talked about this," he whispers in exasperation, putting his hands on his hips.

"Yeah," I nod. "I remember telling you not to talk to me."

I turn back around and start to walk away. "Y/N, I'm begging you," he grabs my arm. "Please just," he walks around to the front of me and looks me in the eyes. "Can we grab dinner and talk about this or something."

"About what?" 

"Y/N, you know what I'm talking about," he whispers, looking around. "Can we at least take this somewhere quieter?"

I scoff. "Just go away, Jeongguk."

He sighs. "Is Yeonjun safe? Happy?"

I feel my stomach twinge in sympathy. Yeonjun was basically his child for years. I'm sure he misses him. Yeonjun isn't really mine to hide away. The thought of keeping them apart fills my heart with guilt.

I swallow thickly. "He's safe and happy." I sigh as I look at his expectant face. "I think so anyway," I smile. "Teenagers are hard to talk to, you know?"

He laughs. "Oh, don't I know it. He went through a sort of emo phase when he was eleven."

I smile at the thought. "Right now he's learning about having crushes. There's this one kid he has the biggest crush on and it's the cutest thing to watch him blush about it."

I look up at Jeongguk and I immediately regret letting that slip out of my mouth. Jeongguk is smiling widely, but my smile fades quickly.

"Um, just forget I said any of that."

He bites his lip. "I'm glad Yeonjun is doing well. Is he going to school?"

I scratch my head. Do I tell him the truth?

"I mean, knowing you, you probably have him going to school in some way. Is he learning English well? Does he have friends? I'm sure he does. He's very outgoing."

"Jeongguk," I cut him off. "I can't answer your questions. You know that."

"I just miss him. I miss both of you," he mutters.

"I-I know," I reply. "I do. I'm just confused. So is Junnie. But it's your fault, Jeongguk. You decided to leave. This is your punishment, I guess. I can't just let you back into our lives when you've caused, not only me, but Yeonjun so much pain. I've gone through enough."

"I know," he whispers. "Give me a chance to try to explain."

"You already did and it didn't change my mind," I answer, firmly.

He shakes his head. "No, Y/N. You didn't. You had your mind made up about me before you even walked into my office."

I don't say anything because even though I want to argue, he's right. He's completely right.

"I don't just want you to give me a chance to explain though. I want you to give me another chance to be in your life."

"Jeongguk-"

"I know you have a boyfriend. So just give me another chance to be your friend. I just miss you. So much," he mumbles the last part sadly.

"What do you want from me?"

"Dinner. Tonight."

He gives me this hopeful smile that makes my stomach turn. "Jeongguk, I don't know..."

"Just give me one more chance, then you can make your mind up about me."

I sigh. "Fine. One more chance. That's it."

He smiles a big bunny smile. It's really gorgeous. I don't think I've ever seen him smile like that before.

"Thank you so much, Y/N. You won't regret this."

"I better not," I mumble as I walk away.

"Meet me in my office at seven tonight," he yells after me.

I blush down at the floor at the thought of being alone, eating dinner with him.

☠ ☠ ☠

i don't have any more prewritten chapters...

oops...

~JJ