༄ 4.5 ༄

If you see Y/C it means Your Choice.

Harin's POV:

After we bidded our friends goodbye, Jinsung and I made our way to the second floor. This was finally my chance to visit the art store.

The familiar sound of the bell ringing could be heard as I open the door. Just seeing all the various supplies made me eager to check out every aisle. It's not like this is my first time going to an art store, but I still get excited whenever I went to one.

"Jinsung, do you need to buy anything?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"What is it?"

"I recently got interested in painting, so I wanted to buy some acrylic paint."

"Oh. Monochrome is fun! Let's split up, because I'll be looking at every shelf in this store. You can check all the other stores out after you buy what you need. Just text me where you are so I know where to find you, okay?"

"Yeah. Sounds great! See ya!"

"See ya!"

With our plan still in mind, I made my way to the coloring materials section.

"Waaaaaahhhh!!!" I let out in awe, feeling a huge smile spread across my face. A place where I'm being surrounded by art is my happy place, and now... that's where I am.

Sometimes I just stop and wish that I could buy them all. But sadly, I can't. Oh well, I just need to be grateful that I can buy some of them at least.

I picked out several brush pens, pastel colored markers, more coloring pencils, and a couple of pencils and erasers.

I went to the next aisle, which was the glue section. I mean, I don't particularly need glue. But I can make slime with it, so why not? I got 2 bottles of white glue and 2 bottles of clear glue.

Then I went to the next aisle, which was the paint section. And oh boy, I think I'm gonna go broke after this. I literally ran straight to the shelves where the cans of acrylic paint were and didn't even bother deciding which to buy. I grabbed every color I could see. Rest in piece, my wallet.

But when it came to the top shelf. No, nope.

"Jinsung and I shouldn't have split up. I can't f{censored}ing reach it. What am I gonna do now?"

Ugh, this was one of those times I hated being short. Like, whoever invented top shelves, f{censored}k you, b{censored}ch!

I looked around to see if any staff member was there, but as lucky as I was, there wasn't. I contemplated whether or not I should get the acrylic paint that are oh-so-high-up...

"You know what? F{censored}K IT!!"

I got up on my toes and tried to reach it, but I can't. I tried and tried, until I felt someone's hand brush against mine.

This reminded me of that cliché, overused scene in so many movies. Yeah, that one. I turned around to see a guy around my age or, if not, a few years older than me. He was wearing an over-sized black shirt and gray sweatpants. He also wore a black cap and a black mask that completely covered his face. He handed me the acrylic paint that I was trying to reach. But the thing was, he only gave me one of them.

"Thank you." I shyly said, a crimson red blush creeping up my cheeks.

The man chuckled, "You're welcome."

I was thinking if I should ask him to help me get the rest of the colors or not. Gathering all the courage I could muster, I finally looked up at him.