Chapter 14

"It's okay to step away from him for a second, you know" Rose teases her husband when she sees him standing by Henrik's crib where the baby was sleeping soundly.

Rebekah had bought him the cutest and warmest onesie that said 'Mommy's little prince and Daddy's little monster' and if that wasn't the cutest thing ever then Rose doesn't know what is.

Klaus had chortled lowly when he saw it because he knew it was the work of his sister without a shadow of doubt.

"He'll still be sleeping" she adds as he turns to face her.

"Is it healthy for him to sleep this much?" He asks worriedly, worried that maybe he might be coming down with something.

Maybe they need to call Dr. Mayweather. 

"Perfectly healthy" Rose tells him. 

"Come sit next to me" she says as she pats the space beside her, gesturing to it with her head

"Come sit next to me" she says as she pats the space beside her, gesturing to it with her head. "He's only a few feet away so if he wakes up then you'll definitely hear him" she teases him as he heads over to her.

"Tease all you want, love..." He says as he sits beside his wife as she laughs softly

"I'm sorry" she apologises but they both know she isn't, "it's just so cute the way you worry over him like a mother bear" she says with a pointed smile as he rolls his eyes at her likening him to a bear once more.

Henrik stirs at this and Klaus is already by his crib by the time Rose blinks.

She can't help but recall Rebekah words about how Henrik was going to be the most spoiled baby in the world by the time he hits his 3 month milestone.

"Gods help us" she says fondly as he turns to face her, arching a questioning eyebrow in response but she doesn't respond as she slowly climbs off the bed to go and stand across the crib from him as she watches her son sleeping soundly.

Henrik slept through the day like a perfectly quiet little prince but the night time was when he really livened up.

"Just like a vampire" Rebekah had teased with a wink. 

~Fall on me~

"Cough it up" Maze says smugly as she collects her money from Rebekah, Kol and Bonnie for the pool on Henrik's gender.

"How did you guess?" Bonnie asks her as she pulls out a wrinkled $20 bill from her pocket and hands it to her.

Rebekah does the same with an air of boredom before going back to filing her nails as she also reads one of her many gossip magazines.

Bonnie told her that she could just read those online but she claimed to like the feel of them so Bonnie left her be.

"Because I'm a genius, that's why" she praises herself as Kol rolls his eyes as he slaps his own $20 bill into her expectant hand.