Chapter 4

(One week later)

Rose never did tell Klaus what Maze found out for her but she could feel Elijah's eyes on her at breakfast one morning and she looks up from her food to face him.

"Is there a problem, brother?" she asks him as everyone looks at the two of them.

Her question is coming from nowhere so you can't blame them for being confused by it.

"No sister, none" he says with a small smile as he goes back to his breakfast as Klaus looks between the two of them curiously.

Are Rose and Elijah hiding something from him?

Rose simply nods at this as she goes back to her food as she looks at Maze, who in turns looks at Kol.

Rebekah watches all of them carefully. Something is definitely going on and she feels annoyed to be left out.

"How goes things between yourself and Marcel, Niklaus?" Elijah asks him.

"He still distrusts me" Klaus replies simply, trying to search his mind for what Rose and Elijah could be discussing in private without him.

"Narcissistic and paranoid...Nik, you truly raised a great man" Kol comments sarcastically. "He's your mirror in every way" he added.

"Can we please just enjoy breakfast without any arguing for once?" Rose asks them, cutting Nik off before he can respond, knowing that a verbal fight was about to ensue the moment Nik opens his mouth.

Maze looks between all of them, munching on her cereal as Rebekah sighs loudly, staring out the window melodramatically as Kol rolls his eyes at her typical diva behaviour.

"What now?" Klaus snaps angrily, lowering his fork from his mouth in annoyance.

"Don't get prissy with me, I didn't do anything wrong" Rebekah says to him as Maze continues to munch on her cereal, looking between the two of them in question.

"I'm getting the feeling that everyone isn't their usual chipper selves this morning" she comments sarcastically as Rose takes a sip of her coffee.

"You think?" Kol retorts just as sarcastically, pushing his breakfast away with a scoff

He intensely dislikes these family gatherings that Elijah and Rose are trying to make a thing.

Their family is dysfunctional and it always will be. Doing all of these things and going through all these measures is not going to change that anytime soon.

"Rose, what's going on?" Rebekah asks her, expecting Rose to be honest with her.

"Kol thinks that he's found where Marcel is keeping his secret weapon" she reveals.

"What?" Klaus asks in shock

"And Marcel has spies watching the four of you but who cares, right" Maze adds with sarcastic dismissal as they all turn to face her.