Chapter 16

"Rose, stop covering your body from me, love" Klaus says to his wife. "You are beautiful to me, love. You always have been and you always will be" he adds as draws her close, placing tender kisses on her flesh as he does.

"I don't feel the same" Rose admits to him as he undoes the belt of her silk gown, kissing her hungrily as he does.

She's insecure that maybe Nik won't find her as sexy anymore, with her stretch marks and all else.

"Your body changed to adjust to our son" he says as he draws back from their kiss, "and if possible I love you even more" he adds as he smoothly slides her gown off her body, placing a chaste kiss on her shoulder blade before drawing back with a grin as she wraps her arms around his neck as he kisses her lips tenderly.

They fall onto their bed, kissing as they do but the sound of crying coming from Henrik's nursery is like someone dousing flames in cold water as Klaus sighs as he falls onto the bed beside his wife as she gives him an apologetic look as she goes to check up on the baby.

Klaus loves his son with every fiber of his being – without compare in fact – but he has terrible timing.

"Why are you crying big boy?" Rose asks him as Klaus listens in on them over the audio baby monitor. "Mommy's right here" she assures him tenderly as Klaus sits up as he heads toward the nursery. "You just made a boo boo, huh?" Rose says to the baby, sniffing the air as Henrik stares back at her with his large blue eyes, innocently sucking on his pacifier as he does.

"Need help, love?" Her husband asks as she turns to face him, carrying the baby in her arms as she leads Henrik to his changing bed.

"Yeah, pass me a diaper please hun" she says as Klaus grabs her the necessary items as she changes Henrik's soiled diaper and throws it away. "There!" she announces grandly as she smiles down at the baby, "now you're mommy's nice smelling baby boy again" she teases as Klaus chortles from his spot in the doorway. "Comment?" She asks him sassily as she picks the baby up, kissing his chubby russet cheek as she does.

"None" Klaus says, shaking his head, "but we certainly can't have you filling his head with all this 'you're mommy's boy' nonsense" he says as he speeds over to them, "can we Henrik?" He says as the baby opens his arms expectantly at 'seeing' his father as Rose laughs as she hands the baby to him.

"You spoil him" she teases her husband with a small smile.

"I don't spoil him" Klaus lies, "Rebekah does" he adds as she gives a snorting laugh in response.

"Oh really?" Rose asks him with a clearly disbelieving smirk, "so all those toys..."

"Only for the best for my son" Klaus says simply.

Don't spoil him, yeah right she says with an internal eye roll.

"Whatever makes you happy hun" she says as she slaps his cheek none too gently as they walk out the nursery with the now clearly awake baby.