Monkey business

Nico opened up his eyes abruptly, beads of sweat dripping down his forehead. He saw plain, white walls around him and his body was covered with beige sheets. He started panicking worried about where he was, when he realized he was lying in the infirmary. Doctors Orders. He mocked in his head. If he were completely honest, he didn't really mind someone caring so much about him. It had been so long.

His thoughts were abruptly interrupted as a certain tall, shaggy blonde haired Apollo kid rushed into the room. His eyes were wild but with what, fear? The pale blue eyes rested on Nico, his expression softening a little.

"Wha-What happend? I heard you screaming. Are you okay? No underworldy business?" The worry was clearly etched onto his face.

"Nothing important, just a little nightmare. You know, demigod stuff." Nico replied, though his words didn't seem to calm Will down.

"Nico, if your nightmares get worse, we can always get you help," he flinched a little, realizing how harsh his words must have sounded, "I mean you've been through Tartarus alone and all. It might help to talk to someone." He shrugged a little and flashed him a sly smile.

Nico studied him with curiosity. Why does he care so much? His thoughts wandered to another theory, but he quickly shook them off, not wanting to ruin his first possible friendship. Instead he decided to give Will one of his rare smiles, which made the other boy beam even brighter. He suddenly perked up and ducked out of the room, only to return seconds later with breakfast.

"Eat up, Death boy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day passed by quickly. Nico mostly lay in bed, reading a book or chatting with Will when he wasn't busy healing someone. At around midday someone knocked on Nico's door. Before Nico could respond, Jason walked in, followed by Piper.

"Well, I see you've made yourself at home," Jason smirked at Nico, followed by a glare from the younger boy.

"What do you want Grace?"

"Well can't I just visit my dear friend?" Jason feigned surprise, which just earned him raised eyebrows from both Piper and Nico.

"Well okay, okay. You're always brooding and depressed and whatnot," Nico opened his mouth to shoot a sharp response, but Jason continued hastily, "So I figured why not play a game? Maybe the old fashioned Truth or Dare."

Once again, Nico was baffled by the kindness directed towards him.

"Um, okay? May I ask what the Hades is Truth or Dare."

Jason looked blankly at him, whilst Piper started laughing and clutching her sides. Nico looked confused as he looked from Piper to Jason.

"Oh man, I keep forgetting that you're from a different century. Basically someone chooses a random person and that person has to choose either Truth or Dare. If they choose Truth, the first person can ask him anything and the other person has to answer truthfully. If they choose Dare, the other person has to do whatever the other person tells them to do."

Nico wrinkled his nose.

"Sounds fun," he replied, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Before he knew it, Jason had grabbed his one wrist, Piper the other, and they were dragging him out of the infirmary. Their 'escape' was working out until, Will stopped them, his face contorted into anger.

"And where in Tartarus do you think you're going, Di Angelo?" he

"We're just gonna play Truth or Dare. You don't mind, do you? And plus this is his third and final day in the infirmary." Piper charmspoke.